• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Email digests or RSS feed?

jasmine_ellen

Very nice forum. :) I have a request though, if it's not too much trouble...

The only way I can ever keep track of forums and blogs is:
- if I can subscribe to an RSS feed which displays full messages, not just snippets of the messages, or
- if I can get an email digest each day.

Either way, I need to access everything via my iPAQ otherwise I know I'll never look at it! I've seen both of the above features on other forums, so I know they are possible. Just wondering whether they would be easy to turn on for this forum? I don't want anyone to go to a lot of trouble, I was just hoping that they were relatively easy things to turn on here? If not, that's cool.

Thanks,
Jasmine

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I am going to look into this. I know that you can subscribe to certain topics and certain forums, but I'm not sure if it sends the actual message, or just notifications. Either way, I'll get back to you.
Patrick

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Here is what I have come up with:
Members have these options under "My Controls" > Options > E-mail Settings

Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic
Enabling this option will send a plain text version of the post in the subscription email.

Enable 'Email Notification' by default?
Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to.

There is a link at the bottom of each forum to subscribe to anything posted in that forum. Your member can subscribe to every forum and get reports of complete posts.

Let me know if that works for you.
Patrick

mrCage

Hi :p
By looking at the site of the makers of this BB (bulletin board) i found the following:
they list RSS topic feed there so it should not be too hard to integrate RSS into this forum <_<

-Per

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
You mean having the forum generate an RSS feed of all posts to be placed into a mailing list or something? I am not exactly sure what you are getting at.