• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Frequently Asked Questions About WCA Competitions

Eva

I have pre-registered for a comp and I'm shown in the list,but more people have done that (after me).
Now there are more people in that list then there are competitors allowed.
Can it be that I can't compete because there are already to many competitors inside the building?

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have pre-registered for a comp and I'm shown in the list,but more people have done that (after me).
Can it be that I can't compete because there are already to many competitors inside the building?

Basically, you're on the 'waiting list'. If somebody pulls out, then the next person in the waiting list will take their place.

Eva

I was there before the limit hits so I'm in then?
I didn't got a confirm email is that right or did I had entered my email wrong.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
I was there before the limit hits so I'm in then?
I didn't got a confirm email is that right or did I had entered my email wrong.

If your name is on the competitors' list, that means the organiser has accepted your registration and you're in. The competitors' limit is only a guideline based on the size of the venue and is decided by the organiser, who can choose to allow more people in. So, don't worry, you're in. I assume you've registered for 2AVG? Hope you enjoy it. Unfortunately, I can't make it to that one.

Eva

If your name is on the competitors' list, that means the organiser has accepted your registration and you're in. The competitors' limit is only a guideline based on the size of the venue and is decided by the organiser, who can choose to allow more people in. So, don't worry, you're in. I assume you've registered for 2AVG? Hope you enjoy it. Unfortunately, I can't make it to that one.
Thanks,I was worried that I might couldn't go in there.
I'm indeed talking about 2AVG.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
That's pretty normal. Most organizers allow a bit more people than the limit to be in, because they know some of them won't show up without cancelling their registratioàn.

TheNumberZero

If you pre-registered for a 3 day competition are you allowed to turn up for only the day your competition events are on? i.e. I registered for ABHC competition in the UK and all of my events are on the last day. Am I allowed to show up on only that day? I read the WCA rules, but I don't know what rule 2k1 means by "if the competitor fails to check in or register in time for the competition.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
If you pre-registered for a 3 day competition are you allowed to turn up for only the day your competition events are on? i.e. I registered for ABHC competition in the UK and all of my events are on the last day. Am I allowed to show up on only that day? I read the WCA rules, but I don't know what rule 2k1 means by "if the competitor fails to check in or register in time for the competition.

Yes you can. I have done this.

Genius4Jesus

WCA
2013ESPA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

You would have to check with the organizing team if they have the registration table open every day.

If they do not, then you would have to go the morning of day one just to register, and then come back on the last day to compete.

TheNumberZero

Why would the registration table not be open every day? Lots of people come on Sunday only.
Fair enough. I wouldn''t know because this is my first competition.
You would have to check with the organizing team if they have the registration table open every day.
If they do not, then you would have to go the morning of day one just to register, and then come back on the last day to compete.
That would be a pain if I had to do that :/
Yes you can. I have done this.
That's good to know.
Thanks all of you who replied

Last edited:

lolamajens

It may be a stupid question but: All visitors can come to competitions to observe and spectate for free right?