• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

¿PHP 2x2 random state scrambler?

Mr.Toad

Hi, I'm currently developing something in PHP and I need to generate scrambles. I've translated the megascramble function from qqTimer into PHP. Then I've started with the suboptimal random state function (get2x2optscramble), and I've already have a headache :D, because it's big and obfuscated.

Is there any 2x2 random state scrambler out there? If I desist and I finally use the megascramble funtion to generate 3-gen 2x2 scrambles, how many moves should they have?

Mr.Toad

Thanks, qqwref. I think I shouldn't do this right now if I want to advance, for now I'll go with non-optimal scrambles. Again, how many moves should they have?

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, qqwref. I think I shouldn't do this right now if I want to advance, for now I'll go with non-optimal scrambles. Again, how many moves should they have?

Gustav Fredell did a mass search using A-cube on random move 2x2x2 scrambles. He found that 16 is enough to reach almost random distribution, in most cases 15 also works. (I don't remember the figures but it was like 99.xx% for 16 and 98.xx% accurancy for 15 moves)

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was looking for Gustavs post at SveKub, and found it, but he presented the results in a image, that seems to be lost (we had a couple of pirates that overtook the site some years ago, we reinstalled a new version of the software to protect the site, the old posts are still there but the images are gone or the URL's are wrong at least, I will see if I can get Gunnar to look for it when I get to him). http://www.svekub.se/forum.html?func=view&id=8580&catid=11#8580 (the server is feeling bad atm, hopefully it will get better soon).

During my search for the tread I stumled into an other thread about 2x2x2, about a link to a site: http://www.typeotech.net/index.php?page=cube2x2

It is in quarter moves, (14 maximum)

Last edited:

Mr.Toad

Hi again. Now what I need to know is how many random moves are needed to scramble Pyraminx property. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Mr.Toad

Thanks, Kenneth. It seems like there's a lot of interesting stuff in that site!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Gustav Fredell did a mass search using A-cube on random move 2x2x2 scrambles. He found that 16 is enough to reach almost random distribution, in most cases 15 also works. (I don't remember the figures but it was like 99.xx% for 16 and 98.xx% accurancy for 15 moves)

Does anyone have the exact numbers for this?