Page 246 of 467 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4664

Thread: One answer BLD question thread blind

WCA Profile
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube
    AbstractAlgorithm

Quote Originally Posted by Ickenicke View Post
    I learned how to solve the cube with pochmann, 2-3 months ago I think, and I have now started of thinking that I should practise BLD serioulsy.

I am thinking about learning TuRBo for edges, but I don't now what memo system to use. When I solved with Pochmann I were memorizing every edge with an image. UF became UFo and BL became BLood for example. Is this system good, and is it possible to sub-50,sub-40?

Also wondering if it is hard to learn TuRBo for corners? I think it is good to use TuRBo if I sometimes want to learn 3-cycles. Is Audio-memo good for that?
    Sub40 full solve or just memo? Memo certainly yes, full solve, would require serious amount of practice.
    Wouldn't recommend TuRBo corners, it's sometimes very hard to see what's the cycle after some harder setup moves.
    Audio memo for corners - yes.
    3BLD: slowly getting fast 4BLD: 6:27 [2:55]
    3x3: 7.99 [single] 11.79 [ao5]

YouTube
    NickeCubing

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAlg View Post
    Sub40 full solve or just memo? Memo certainly yes, full solve, would require serious amount of practice.
    Wouldn't recommend TuRBo corners, it's sometimes very hard to see what's the cycle after some harder setup moves.
    Audio memo for corners - yes.
    Yeah, I now that it is really hard to get sub-40 with any method/memo. I were just wondering if any of the good cubers use that memory method.

Also, what do you recommend for corners?
    Personal records: PB/NL/5/12/25/50/100 3x3x3 9.20/9.99/12.09/12.81/13.40/13.82/13.97 Cubing since 10th May 2011

WCA Profile
    2011MERT03
    YouTube
    Ickathu

Quote Originally Posted by AbstractAlg View Post
    Same thing here. Try this: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/sh...ies-R2-Variant.
    Ignore the title, it pretty nice way to solve corners, it is based upon commutators it is a 3-cycle and has just a tiny bit larger move count than 3-style.
    The point is to reduce every 3-cycle to one of three types of cycles that you're familiar with. A perm, 2 U stickers, one sticker in F/B/R/L, or two stickers in F/B/R/L and your buffer in U. It's extremely efficent method, and I think it's closest you can get to 3-style, because you are doing the commutators, but for some hard to see/hard to setup cases you may learn some 3-style algorithm that will speed you up. Just like edge TuRBo -> 3-style transition, but only for corners. So you don't get too restricted trying to reduce the case to TuRBo case, but any of 3-type comms that you can easily execute.

Hope this wasn't confusing.
    Cheers!
    Muy, muy complicado...
    Thanks for the link anyway, but I think I might stick to OP corners and gradually learn BH like Zane said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickenicke View Post
    Yeah, I now that it is really hard to get sub-40 with any method/memo. I were just wondering if any of the good cubers use that memory method.

Also, what do you recommend for corners?
    I think most advanced Blind solvers create images interacting with each other or sentences for edges (using those kinds of images). Except, I think usually people assign a lettering scheme (such as spefz) and then memorize those letter pairs using Letter pair images.
    For corners, most people use a lettering scheme (such as spefz) and then create sounds on the go as they solve (e.g. RGSMCH would become something like RaG SMitCH)
    Last edited by Ickathu; 04-11-2012 at 06:06 AM. Reason: post merge
    Choose your method.
    "If you get on a see-saw, be prepared to go up and down." ~Alex Mertz

I want to get into blindfold cubing, what is the best method to start with?

Premium Member
    WCA Profile
    2010CARN01
    YouTube
    ZaneChannel

Quote Originally Posted by TheWitcher View Post
    I want to get into blindfold cubing, what is the best method to start with?
    Classic/Old Pochmann.

WCA Profile
    2008JACO01

Default 3x3 BLD: Visual Memo

I had a quick question. I was going to use letters to memorize my edges but i found that visual memo was easier. Is visual efficient at all or am i setting my self up for failure?

Premium Member
    WCA Profile
    2010CARN01
    YouTube
    ZaneChannel

Quote Originally Posted by Nace112 View Post
    I had a quick question. I was going to use letters to memorize my edges but i found that visual memo was easier. Is visual efficient at all or am i setting my self up for failure?
    The efficiency of visual memorisation varies from person to person. If it works well for you, stick with it.

Hi there. How should i actually train BH algorithms itself?
    I mean, there is so much algorithms, and just by blindsolving the chance you solve all in one day is very small.
    I know ~270 / 378 corners for now, understand commutators, but sometimes just missing A9-s. Thought to just randomize list of letter-pairs, and do the actual algorithm. Any ideas please?

WCA Profile
    2012TJEN01
    YouTube
    dyghtjenlul

hi

MultiBLD - Are mini cubes allowed? Mini type A etc? Even if your other cubes are regular-sized.
    BLD/4BLD/Multi- Are you allowed to touch the cube after you end the solve? Like picking it up to check to see whether it is a success/DNF?

WCA Profile
    2008NIEL01

1. I don't see anything in the regulations that would not allow you to use different sized cubes.

2. Always let the judge check before you touch it. But you don't need to pick it up. Chances are that if the 5 visible faces are solved, the 6th should be fine too
    Du er nok nysgerrig, hva? Der fik du alligevel spildt et minut på google translate, bare fordi du ikke kan dansk :)