• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The TuRBo ones are useful (U perms, R U R' U' M' U R U' r'+mirrors+inverses; M' U M U2 M' U M+mirror). COLL isn't useful as it affects edge permutation. Other than those ELLs and PLL, I don't think there are many other useful alg sets to learn. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not that good at BLD, and other people probably know more than me), but I think that's right.

Nope, you're right :)

22LL was designed to be used in speed solving, but I don't know of anyone who uses it (effectively.) Some ZBLL cases can be used as well.

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
^ When every piece (that is not your buffer) is either somewhere in your memo or is already solved. So when you think you are done, check every piece in a certain order (a logical one, for example first all edges in the top layer, then the middle layer, then the bottom layer). Use the first piece that you find as the start of the new cycle.

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
I am trying to switch to commutators for corners. I am following Noahs tutorial for this.
Now I am trying to solve every case by following approach: setup for pure commutator, execute pure commutator, undo setup.
I have problem with (URB RUF LFU) case. What moves should I perform to setup it to pure commutator case?

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
I'm really not understanding what I'm missing here. I am using OP/OP and speffz to get the following for the scramble:
B L' U' R' L' B' U2 B L U' D L2 U2 R2 D R2 U2 B2 D2 R' F B2 U2 B' D'
I get: Corners: JHBWG (5)
Corner twists: FD PV (+4 = 9)
Edges: HOAEIKGWFP (10)
How is this possible and why do I not have parity? Shouldn't targets for both edges and corners either be odd or even but never different? And if they are odd it has parity and even does not? I've checked my solution multiple times and seems to work fine for me but I don't understand why. Thanks in advance for any response

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm really not understanding what I'm missing here. I am using OP/OP and speffz to get the following for the scramble:
B L' U' R' L' B' U2 B L U' D L2 U2 R2 D R2 U2 B2 D2 R' F B2 U2 B' D'
I get: Corners: JHBWG (5)
Corner twists: FD PV (+4 = 9)
Edges: HOAEIKGWFP (10)
How is this possible and why do I not have parity? Shouldn't targets for both edges and corners either be odd or even but never different? And if they are odd it has parity and even does not? I've checked my solution multiple times and seems to work fine for me but I don't understand why. Thanks in advance for any response

You should have one twisted edge and one solved edge, along with two twisted corners. I also have parity, just as the OP says. I don't know what your buffers are/orientation, so you'll need to post your solution if possible?

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
You should have one twisted edge and one solved edge, along with two twisted corners. I also have parity, just as the OP says. I don't know what your buffers are/orientation, so you'll need to post your solution if possible?

That's very weird. I see MO UBS as corner memo, starting from the Ubl buffer, but the twists are indeed FD & PV.

Oh yeah sorry, thats my bad. I use WCA scramble orientation (U-white f-green) and my solve orientation is d-white f-green with edge buffer UR corner UBL.

Edit: I think I figured it out, I screwed up the edges. I was stupid in my original solution and did corners before figuring out edges and so that accounted for the parity which I should have had. Thanks. I just got confused since Im still very new to BLD excuse the noob lol.
Should have been:
C: JHBWG (5 = parity)
CT: PV FD
E: HOACUXSLJ (9 = parity)
EF: ED

Last edited:

Knut

WCA
2016PETE11
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is an extreme noob question, but how do most people memorize where they have shot the buffer piece when breaking into a new cycle in Old Pochmann?

cubemaste r

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is an extreme noob question, but how do most people memorize where they have shot the buffer piece when breaking into a new cycle in Old Pochmann?

you can put a finger on the corners when you memorize them and then when you need to break into a new cycle you can just look for pieces that you haven't put your finger on

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I think the best way is to just remember where you shot it to (just using visual memo). Use your fingers if it helps. I tried it many ways, but I think it's not really worth all the effort to do anything special.

It gets easier as you get faster.

I'm not sure this is the best way for big cubes though.

Last edited:

ZeeK

i want to learn the 3-cycle speed optimal commutators but i cant find a tutorial any were so if anyone knows the best way to learn it pls post :D

ZeeK

what i do is as i move through the pieces memorizing i always remember were the buffer piece is like i know is on left top so if i have to put the correct piece on the left top then ill know i need to break a cicle just after shoting that piece and then i remember were the buffer piece should land after breaking the cycle again so i know if i need to break another cycle.

speedcuber29

Blindfold Solve Help and Techniques

I am starting to learn BLD solve by pochmann corners and m2 edges. Is there any advice or techniques That I should know for begging blindfold solving?

RageCuber

WCA
2014RYAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Should I start multi-blind?

Hello, I'm new to BLD but I am getting a pretty good success rate (other than when I forget to do parity fix)
And I saw some really cool videos online of huge multi-blinds. Obviously I'm not gonna shoot for that, but do
you think it would be bad for a beginner like me to try maybe... a 2-cube BLD? And then when I can succeed
on that go to a 3-cube BLD? Or should I stick with regular BLD? also I use OP. sorry for making you read so much :(
THANKS!

Last edited:

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I'm new to BLD but I am getting a pretty good success rate (other than when I forget to do parity fix)
And I saw some really cool videos online of huge multi-blinds. Obviously I'm not gonna shoot for that, but do
you think it would be bad for a beginner like me to try maybe... a 2-cube BLD? And then when I can succeed
on that go to a 3-cube BLD? Or should I stick with regular BLD? also I use OP. sorry for making you read so much :(
THANKS!

I think you should try multi-BLD with 2 or 3 cubes. It would be fun. Then for more cubes you should learn some more advanced memorization techniques to make the memorization easier and quicker (such as Method of Loci / Roman Rooms / etc.)