Page 223 of 505 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5043

Thread: One answer BLD question thread blind

WCA Profile
    2009SHEP01
    YouTube
    kinch2002

I think the concept of OP is very slightly easier to understand because you have a bit more freedom in the setup moves, rather than having 'insert' the piece into the M-slice. However, if you've ever done freeslice on big cube edges, you'll already understand the concept of inserting a piece into a slice. The speed difference at the end makes it so much more worth it though.

Talking of how M2 and freeslice have a similar concept, has anyone ever tried doing BLD with E2 (just do zy rotation and start inserting pieces into the FR slot)? Obviously actually doing it successfully isn't any harder than M2, but just wondering whether anybody does it.

WCA Profile
    2012TALB01
    YouTube
    9conn

Quote Originally Posted by megaminxwin View Post
    Any good tutorials for that?
    Quite a few people have learned M2/OP off of Eric Limeback's tutorial, and its the only tutorial that I actually stuck with and learned how to 3BLD solve with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncpkVvIEcKc
    1/5/12/(100) 2x2: 0.88/4.07/4.86 3x3: 9.53/12.13/13.68/(14.91) 4x4: 45.92/1:04.71 5x5: 2:16.26 6x6: 4:56.74 7x7: 8:18.41 3BLD: 1:58.48[1:19.31]

WCA Profile
    2011GRIT01
    YouTube
    Korbinification

1) I've just started learning BH and found that two cases are not fingertricks friendly, namely Cyclic shifts and Orthogonals. They deal with 3 adjacent faces, so you cannot rotate the cube and move just U, L, D or U, R, D. How do you solve them speed-optimally? How would you solve, for example, ULB->BRU->LUF (or URB->BLU->RUF) and ULB->FUR->LFD (or URB->FUL->RFD)?

2) In multi-bld, what it the better way to solve the cubes: in the same order you memorized them or in inverse one? How often do you recall cubes during memorizing? The ideal is to not recall them at all, but how can one achieve it? Are there any tips except "keep practicing"?

Thank you.

WCA Profile
    2011KOGL01
    YouTube
    JakubeBLD

Quote Originally Posted by DrKorbin View Post
    1)
    2) In multi-bld, what it the better way to solve the cubes: in the same order you memorized them or in inverse one? How often do you recall cubes during memorizing? The ideal is to not recall them at all, but how can one achieve it? Are there any tips except "keep practicing"?
    ad order: This depends on your memorization. If you have one single room for each cube, you can solve them in the inverse order, I see no problem with that. But because I memorize all cubes in a long route, the inverse order would be rather confusing.
    ad recalling: I recall every cube twice. My order is, memorize two cubes, recall them, memorize the next 2 cubes, recall these two cubes, memorize the next two cubes, ... After recalling the last two cubes I recall everything again. This last big recall is very important for me, cause I see where I have problems and can memorize them again. The last two cubes I memorize without routes, cause I'm faster without, these are the two I start solving with. This memo order is pretty effective I think.
    ad practice: Just do a lot of attempts. Look at Markov, he does a multi with > 20 cubes nearly every day, and he improves a lot. One thing which helped me getting faster, was do single BLD solve with my multi memo method. I did 3BLD visual, but multi with Letter Pairs. So I switched from visual to Letter Pairs for 3BLD and got faster.
    BLD: 3 - 47.73 | 4 - 3:56.60 | 5 - 8:12.72 | 6x6x6 - 22:23.73 | 21/21 in 52:34.60
    20/21 MultiBLD in 53:59.96 [33:29.31] - God's number for Clock is 12.

WCA Profile
    2007HUGH01
    YouTube
    MikeHughey1

ULB->BRU->LUF
    This is not a generic solution, but I love my BH alg for this particular one:
    F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R

With left thumb on U and UL, and left middle finger on D and DL, right thumb on UR and right middle finger on DR, pull with left ring finger for F, then wrist the R', then double-trigger the U2 with the right hand, then undo the R F'. Then invert the order for the second half. No regrips at all - very very fast. Of all my PLLs, I only have a few that are as fast as this algorithm.
    My square-1 BLD method: http://skarrie.se/square1blind/

1) I've just started learning BH and found that two cases are not fingertricks friendly, namely Cyclic shifts and Orthogonals. They deal with 3 adjacent faces, so you cannot rotate the cube and move just U, L, D or U, R, D. How do you solve them speed-optimally? How would you solve, for example, ULB->BRU->LUF (or URB->BLU->RUF) and ULB->FUR->LFD (or URB->FUL->RFD)?

Thank you.
    ULB->BRU->LUF
    X' U2 (This sets up the case into a 9 mover) R2' D R U2 R' D' R U2 R
    U2
    ULB->FUR->LFD
    X U2 to a 9 mover

For Orthogonals you can do either an F' or F to set it up into a Fast thing.
    It helps to Pre plan what you would do before you get the case in a BLD solve.

U' R2 D2 R' U2 R D2 R' U2 R' U
    Is another style you can use
    Last edited by Cool Frog; 03-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    [01:44] <+aronpm> CPdragon: here have the rest of my bld power.... abracadabra *waves arms about*

WCA Profile
    2003HARD01

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hughey View Post

With left thumb on U and UL, and left middle finger on D and DL, right thumb on UR and right middle finger on DR, pull with left ring finger for F, then wrist the R', then double-trigger the U2 with the right hand, then undo the R F'. Then invert the order for the second half. No regrips at all - very very fast. Of all my PLLs, I only have a few that are as fast as this algorithm.
    Wow I kinda like that. I'm executing this on my air cube, because I'm in class at the moment (the class is on a break). I will definitely try this on my for real cube when I get a chance
    R L F2 B2 L' R' U R L B2 F2 L' R' | WC podiums

WCA Profile
    2011JANE01
    YouTube
    CubingWorld

Does anybody know what's the biggest cube that has ever been solved blindfolded?The biggest I have found on YouTube is 7BLD.
    3x3PB Single/AO5/AO12: 11.65/16.54/17.43
    Cube: Dayan Guhong

WCA Profile
    2009SHEP01
    YouTube
    kinch2002

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hughey View Post

I used to use this grip, but now I've switched to set up to A9 because it's <R,U,D> and therefore faster for me

Quote Originally Posted by rubikmaster View Post
    Does anybody know what's the biggest cube that has ever been solved blindfolded?The biggest I have found on YouTube is 7BLD.
    I think you're right. There are maybe 10 people who have done 7bld. Mike is still trying the 8x8, so hopefully soon that will be the biggest

WCA Profile
    2007HUGH01
    YouTube
    MikeHughey1

Quote Originally Posted by kinch2002 View Post
    I think you're right. There are maybe 10 people who have done 7bld. Mike is still trying the 8x8, so hopefully soon that will be the biggest
    5 tries so far, all of them relatively close. I'm not sure I'm going to have time this weekend (because of the Hillsdale competition), so it may be another week and a half before I get another try.
    My square-1 BLD method: http://skarrie.se/square1blind/