• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know how to do 4BLD. Algo, parity, r2, commutators for edges and OP for corners. I know all about the basic 4BLD.
How can I start to memorize it and then arrive to a complete 4BLD solve?
Complete solve first? Or better if I split the parts of the solve?

If you are afraid of the whole solve, try to do a couple solves with eyes open. Then you can memorize and solve only centers, only wings.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know how to do 4BLD. Algo, parity, r2, commutators for edges and OP for corners. I know all about the basic 4BLD.
How can I start to memorize it and then arrive to a complete 4BLD solve?
Complete solve first? Or better if I split the parts of the solve?

Try the 4BLD parts differently: scramble just the centers, then solve the centers blindfolded. Do similar practice to edges and corners. Since corners are short, next time you can try solve centers + corners or edges + corners in a single go. Also practice open eye solves.

Another way to practice: write down your memo, and try to solve the cube looking only at the paper (i.e., the cube is under the table). If these are working, you can try your first full 4BLD. Take your time, you don't need to rush on your first solve! Good luck!

Cubo largo

WCA
2013AZZI01
Thanks to you! I'ts a good idea to get more confidently with corners while practicsing edges or centers. I think I'll write down the memo and try in that way. I want to obtain a succesfull 4BLD the 6th of October :p
I can solve 4BLD since a lot of time, but I never get ready to the absurd memo (for me) I have to do. I'll survive! :D

Cubo largo

WCA
2013AZZI01
Sorry :D
Is better to push the 3BLD solve and make a lot of DNFs (on 2:xx.yy) or slow down and make less DNFs but with worthest times?
Thanks,

Davide

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say that the best approach is to push the memo but by small chunks, keeping the success rate at least at 50% all the time, execution will go down just with practice, be it a successful solve or a DNF

Applecow

WCA
2010LEHM02
just try it :)
i just know that Dennis Strehlau posted this some time ago:
4mbld: 2/2 in 17:50.07
5mbld 3/3 - 23:55 execution [~45 minutes memo]

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
just try it :)
Well I'll probably fail (my success rate is ~10%), but I'll try anyway. It'll also be quite hard with having to do preorientation on two cubes. EDIT: 0/2 :(
i just know that Dennis Strehlau posted this some time ago:
4mbld: 2/2 in 17:50.07
5mbld 3/3 - 23:55 execution [~45 minutes memo]
Someone fast could maybe get 2/2 4MBLD sub-5.

Last edited:

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1: How fast would you suggest being at 3BLD before trying MBLD?
Sub-10, or probably, sub-9, to fit in WCA limits. Though I tried multibld after getting first success with 3bld (11:xx), and it was 22:xx.

2: Has anyone attempted bigcube MBLD before?

Mike Hughey did 7x7x7: 1/2 (something little like 2-3 centers).
If you mean multiblind with different cubes then there were a lot of people who did it.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'm going to make a letter pair list now. Any tips or things to note?

The more personal it is, the easier to memorize it for you. So use relatives, familiar items, tv shows, novels, pervert things, funny things, whatever you can think about.
(Well, I assume that it will be your personal list and not a publik one like this: List_of_letter_pairs )
If you see a letter pair and immediatly a "thing" pops up -> that can be a great thing for that letter pair.

EDIT:
If a group of letter pairs is generally hard for you, for example anything contaning the letter X, you can think it as "a famous person". So XA is a famous person with the letter A, XB is a famous person with the letter B, etc. (Or some similar strategy.)

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You're going to have to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more specific if you want any help. The only advice I can give you is to watch/read whatever tutorial you used again in order to gain a better understanding.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R swaps UBL (the sticker on the U face) with RFD (the sticker on the R face). I'm guessing (so it may not be this, but I think it is) you've thought it swaps UFR with FRD/DFR. As Ben says, your setup moves are probably wrong, as you're setting up to the wrong thing (at least if I'm right).

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R swaps UFR (the sticker on the U face) with RFD (the sticker on the R face). I'm guessing (so it may not be this, but I think it is) you've thought it swaps UFR with FRD/DFR. As Ben says, your setup moves are probably wrong, as you're setting up to the wrong thing (at least if I'm right).

Uh no... it swaps RFD with UBL.