• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5x5x5 solver!

maggot

stop creating threads. if you do not know how to solve it because you understand nothing about cubing, first learn to solve a regular rubiks cube and a 4x4 and then ask your questions. what is it that you are having trouble with?

sub_zero1983

Last edited:

maggot

the omly alg from the 4x4 that you need is oll parity... it will fix an edge when it is checkerboarded.

r2 B2 U2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 F2 r F2 l' B2 r2 is the nasty alg. there are other ones, but they are just as nasy.

to solve centers: place 2 edges around its correct center piece to form a 1x3 line. without messing with that 1x3 3lne, make the other 2 1x3 blocks and then attach them to your 1st 1x3 block. once you solve 1 center conventionally most people solve the opposite center, white <> yellow.
to solve the last 4 centers can be tricky. you must fully understand break and fix method. the easiest way to describe this is breaking the cross to insert a pair and then fixing the cross again.. it is similar to that. the last 2 centers, try to get as many of the pieces onto the right center and then use a simple commutator to fix the remaining 1-2 pieces. this commutator is not really an alg, but more like a technique. look up lancetheblueknight on youtube and watch his 'last 2 centers' tutorial.

for edge pairing, its hard to describe with text, but put the 3 dedges into the same slice with the correct orientation. sometimes you will need to flip edges (hopefully you can find a tutorial to help or you can figure this out... ) but once they are correctly oriented, you slice to put all the dedges together to form a solid 3 block bar and then R U R' to move your bar to the top amd replace it with a broken edge group and then restore your centers back.
the last 2 edge groups can be tricky... if you are willing to memorize a bunch of algs,= memyselfandpi on youtube has a video on all the cases for the last 2 edge groups.

good luck @_@ and if you dont want to pull your hair out, maybe watch a 4x4 tutorial so you can understand the general concept of reduction... the way to solve a 5x5 is only a little more complex, but it has the advantage of having fixed centers and no 3x3 parities.

stinkocheeze

Uhhh yer.. I can solve a regular rubik's cube! I got 5x5x5 cause I wanted a challenge! I didn't want 4x4x4 If you have a problem then go somewhere else! Don't be a smartass and assume I have no idea how to solve the cube!

and btw I'm having trouble with the whole thing! sorry for calling u smartass! I only read half of ur post.

Uhhhhmmm... he refers to algorithms from 4x4x4. I have no idea what they are! I didn't buy a 4x4x4 or learn how to solve. Thanks anyway

TRIPLE... ALL THE WAY.... ACROSS THEE FORRUMMMMM
Edit: I can't count.

Bartholomew

The solution of your question is 225 i.e the cube of 5,the cube is taken by 3 times multiply of a number whose cube is required.