• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided to biff up the previously posted table to clearly show some results on the yearly event growth.
Here is the table:

Ke6Kb8V.png

Random Observations:

Percentage-wise, Feet is the event that is growing the most the past two years!
Doubled the number of events held from 2010 to 2011 and increased 25% from 2011 to 2012.
Since 2012, there were more feet events than 4BLD.

The least held event is 5BLD.

Only Pyraminx and 3BLD had less events in the following year than the year before.

2012 was the only year that had less comps than the year before.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice table.

Percentage-wise, Feet is the event that is growing the most the past two years!

One reason might be that it was and is unpopular, meaning you can get good regional ranks and even national records fairly easily, which is an extra incentive for people to do it that other events don't have and might accelerate its growth. With more people competing and records getting better, this extra accelerator will be reduced.

Only Pyraminx and 3BLD had less events in the following year than the year before.
2012 was the only year that had less comps than the year before.

Fewer, not less (just saying so you know).

Riley

WCA
2007WOOR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lowest combined...
3x3+3bld rank
4x4+4bld rank
5x5+5bld rank

I think Feliks is number one for 3x3: 2 for 3x3, 26 for 3BLD = 28
Marcin Zalewski is close in second: 29 for 3x3, 1 for 3BLD = 30

How about adding an "overall 3x3 master", so combining all 3x3 stuff (3x3, OH, BLD, FMC, Feet).

I was thinking this too. I really want to see the list. :D

@Username

I got 375 for Marcin Zalewski, including 3x3 multi blind. That's Antoine's rank in 3x3 multi blind.

(I know you didn't ask for MBLD Antoine, but it's a 3x3 event.)

Last edited:

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
But that's multiple 3x3s :(

How about "overall single 3x3 master"?

;)

Did any of you see/try this program that I posted?

Sums of Different Combinations of Ranks Program

It can calculate all of those requests (and in fact any combination of events you want).
Short version of my previous post on how to use it: download + extract WCA export (the .tsv one), put this program in the same folder, and then it should be fairly straightforward.

I don't want to be the only one having fun with this program; you should all try it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

minime12358

WCA
2010KAPL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did any of you see/try this program that I posted?

Sums of Different Combinations of Ranks Program

It can calculate all of those requests (and in fact any combination of events you want).
Short version of my previous post on how to use it: download + extract WCA export (the .tsv one), put this program in the same folder, and then it should be fairly straightforward.

I don't want to be the only one having fun with this program; you should all try it. :)

You can also download/extract it from a button on the gui, just as a note :).

Just wanted to mention a great stat: I was looking at Carrot's profile (http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2008ANDE02) and noticed that his 3BLD time is 3:14.16, which, of course, is pi rounded to 5 digits (3.14159 -> 3.1416).

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can also download/extract it from a button on the gui, just as a note :).

Just wanted to mention a great stat: I was looking at Carrot's profile (http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2008ANDE02) and noticed that his 3BLD time is 3:14.16, which, of course, is pi rounded to 5 digits (3.14159 -> 3.1416).

Finally someone noticing it!

my 3x3x3 single/avg used to be 9.11/11.9 which is 9/11 in both american and european calender o_O (kind of broke my average a tiny tiny bit at worlds)

minime12358

WCA
2010KAPL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally someone noticing it!

my 3x3x3 single/avg used to be 9.11/11.9 which is 9/11 in both american and european calender o_O (kind of broke my average a tiny tiny bit at worlds)

o_O very interesting.

As a quick note, you are the only one who still has this single as their PB in the database. The time has been gotten before:

Megaminx - 2
4x4 - 1
Bld -3
5x5 - 1
7x7 - 1

And at least one of them got it for their PB back in 2012, though they've broken it.

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
o_O very interesting.

As a quick note, you are the only one who still has this single as their PB in the database. The time has been gotten before:

Megaminx - 2
4x4 - 1
Bld -3
5x5 - 1
7x7 - 1

And at least one of them got it for their PB back in 2012, though they've broken it.

They failed at life :) 3:14.16 is pretty fast for 7x7x7 o_O

Bhargav777

OH friendly please
WCA
2011NARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
First family to have all 4 people with official IDs? Trained my parents and my sister and made them solve officially. Mom has solved clock, dad 3x3, siz almost 10 events and me with 15 :) has Mr. Mike Hughey's family done this? Or is my family the first?

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First family to have all 4 people with official IDs? Trained my parents and my sister and made them solve officially. Mom has solved clock, dad 3x3, siz almost 10 events and me with 15 :) has Mr. Mike Hughey's family done this? Or is my family the first?

I believe Mike's family has (at least) five members and can't be the first with "all 4".

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

http://worldcubeassociation.org/results/persons.php?eventId=&regionId=&pattern=hughey&search=Search
http://worldcubeassociation.org/results/persons.php?eventId=&regionId=&pattern=Cormier&search=Search

In both of those all 5 people are from the same family.