• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's even stranger is that the website registration has 9 previous competitors, but the official event only had 3. So they had 6 no-shows, but made up for it by having a bunch of day-of registration of people who DNF'd.
WCA rules
8a5) The competition should have at least 12 competitors.
This competition had exactly 12 competitors...have we got a situation that needs investigating? Seems odd that 10 people DNFed when that was the only event of the day and there was a 2nd round to go through to.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's even stranger is that the website registration has 9 previous competitors, but the official event only had 3. So they had 6 no-shows, but made up for it by having a bunch of day-of registration of people who DNF'd.

Even stranger regarding that comp: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2010JUFR01<--That person has no last name, and every "solve" they've done in competition was DNF.

Baian Liu

Even stranger regarding that comp: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=2010JUFR01<--That person has no last name, and every "solve" they've done in competition was DNF.

It is common for an Indonesian to have a single word name.

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
But his 3rd solve was slower than his 2nd...so it wasn't really a record of any sort. I guess technically the first one was never a record either, as it was beaten before the round finished

If we count each solve as being able to be an NR, as long as it beats the last one, then http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/p.php?i=1982BORS01 succeeds at that. He was the only person at WC2003 with that property.

There are in fact 70 people in the WCA database who have never successfully completed a solve.

The FMC competition had only 4 successful solves in total, the least of any competition I would imagine.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
WCA rules
This competition had exactly 12 competitors...have we got a situation that needs investigating? Seems odd that 10 people DNFed when that was the only event of the day and there was a 2nd round to go through to.

It's actually very hard to tell if someone DNF's on FMC because they don't know how to solve or because they they truly don't know how to solve. And someone who solves in 20 minutes would be more apt to try FMC than regular 3x3.

Last edited:

aronpm

WCA rules
It says 'should'. Check the start of the regulations, it links to a standard that defines the use of several words used in the regulations.