Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast

Thread: Prisma Puzzle Timer

For those having problems with the QJ Timer, it is likely the cable that came with it for one, and two when it does work (works 100% in CCT) you take your hands off of it and it stops at ~0.26 seconds.
    I have filed a bug report on bitbucket. Also I was playing around with the code, I know nothing about the data packets and how these things work, but I have added a couple scramblers.

WCA Profile
    2012WEEC01
    YouTube
    googlebleh

Quote Originally Posted by XVicarious View Post
    For those having problems with the QJ Timer, it is likely the cable that came with it for one, and two when it does work (works 100% in CCT) you take your hands off of it and it stops at ~0.26 seconds.
    Same here. Hope there's a fix out there.
    Single/Ao12: 2x2 0.61/3.74 | 3x3 7.68/11.90 | 4x4 40.28/51.16 | 5x5 1:44.48/1:56.96
    Singles: 6x6 3:35.19 || 7x7 6:38.49 || Megaminx 1:54.03

WCA Profile
    2008CHEN27

The output signal generated by QJ Timer is quite similar to stackmat timer. The only difference is that in the first byte, the stackmat timer sends its working state( For example, ' ' means running, 'I' means idle, 'L' means left hand pressed, 'S' means stop, etc.) while the QJ Timer always sends 'S', which means stop.

That is interesting. So does CCT utilize those signals in different ways compared to Prisma? Hum I'll have to look at it myself, altough I'm not great with that kind of thing. I forked it and add scramblers for the 8x8x8 and 9x9x9, but when I attempt to render the scramble, I get thrown an exception... Hum... Working on that...

WCA Profile
    2011CHEN54
    YouTube
    Rainpaw4

How do you make the timer start/stop? I set it to space bar and control keys and they both don't start the timer (the timer worked before, it doesn't work now).

WCA Profile
    2011WALL02
    YouTube
    MLSTRMRVLTN

Quote Originally Posted by Yuxuibbs View Post
    How do you make the timer start/stop? I set it to space bar and control keys and they both don't start the timer (the timer worked before, it doesn't work now).
    Restart the timer, but after you launch it, don't change the window focus (don't click stuff basically). This should fix it.
    Mega is mega :3 K4 :D
    Proud Holder of Megaminx UKNR's

If anyone is interested, I added scramblers for the 8x8x8 and 9x9x9 in my fork. When and if walter wants to include my additions, he can ask me and I think you can merge on bitbucket.
    The download is here: PrismaPuzzleTimer0.72-unoffical.jar
    And if you don't trust me then compile the source code from here: https://bitbucket.org/xvicarious/puzzle-timer
    Last edited by XVicarious; 01-30-2013 at 10:53 AM.

WCA Profile
    2007HABE01
    YouTube
    cin9247

If anyone is interested, I added scramblers for the 8x8x8 and 9x9x9 in my fork. When and if walter wants to include my additions, he can ask me and I think you can merge on bitbucket.
    The download is here: https://bitbucket.org/xvicarious/puz...-unoffical.jar
    And if you don't trust me then compile the source code from here: https://bitbucket.org/xvicarious/puzzle-timer
    That's the spirit of Open Source.

As far as I can tell, the scramblers for 4x4 up to 9x9 are basically all the same except for the puzzle dimension and the available moves. You (this includes walter) could save a few 100 lines of code by adding a common CubeRandomScrambler class. (Yes, complaining about other people's code without actually fixing it, is not the spirit of oss.)
    tim's PBs on Cubemania

True tim. Maybe now I'll have to work my way into combinding them. The real tricky part of the whole thing though was the 3d models of the puzzles. Well I guess tricky until I found out I made one very minor mistake that screwed up the whole thing.

edit: Looking at it again, might be easier said than done because of some of the information that is included in the <Puzzle>RandomScrambler class.

WCA Profile
    2007HABE01
    YouTube
    cin9247

True tim. Maybe now I'll have to work my way into combinding them. The real tricky part of the whole thing though was the 3d models of the puzzles. Well I guess tricky until I found out I made one very minor mistake that screwed up the whole thing.

edit: Looking at it again, might be easier said than done because of some of the information that is included in the <Puzzle>RandomScrambler class.
    It was very easy and straightforward (and saved 301 lines). I submitted a pull request: https://bitbucket.org/xvicarious/puz...code-into/diff (your classpath was broken, btw)

I probably forgot to add @Override annotations. Feel free to add them.

Oh boy, using Eclipse + Java feels like I'm coding in the 90s again. o_O
    Last edited by tim; 01-26-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    tim's PBs on Cubemania