• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Prisma Puzzle Timer

o2gulo

How do you exactly fix that 'spacebar not working' problem, I have to reopen the app like 10 times before I get it working lol. Still, it's a very nice app :)

pkvk9122

How do you exactly fix that 'spacebar not working' problem, I have to reopen the app like 10 times before I get it working lol. Still, it's a very nice app :)

Im also having this problem, after a while it fixes itself though.

Eric79

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello guys! Long time no see, huh?

Prisma 0.6 is finally out. This release includes some important changes that I have been postponing since version 0.3 (better main window layout, internationalization, performance improvements).Enjoy!
Nice, thanks!
Suggestion for a future update: When viewing the history window and having something specific "zoomed" in view (e.g. "Best mean of 100"), I'd really like to see a date (ideally of the first solve of the 100) somewhere on the graph (maybe below the graphs origin) so I know when it was and don't have to scroll through tens of thousands of solves in the solutions list.

I never used to, but on my new laptop it does it quite frequently. I think its a 64-bit java thing
I agree with the 64bit part - although I am not sure if it's a Windows 7 or Java problem as other Java programms I am using don't show that behaviour.

Someone else posted a solution for this that seems to work for me. Instead of launching PPT from a shortcut, launch from the actual file.
I'm not so sure it's specific to 64-bit. I'm running 32-bit and I get the same problem :/
I never had any problems at all with Windows XP Pro (32bit) - it all started when I changed to Windows 7 Pro (64bit).

After clicking the icon to start the timer, simply don't move the mouse pointer. As soon as you hower over other icons, change windows or even start another program before Prisma timer hast fully started, the Space-Bar won't start the timer.

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
On the spacebar, I try to remember to hold the spacebar down for a long time the first time I use it. "Long" means long enough to see the little stop signs change shape. The program locks up when I hit spacebar with just a quick hit (like I was typing).

I think the model is to be like a realtimer where you have to hold your hands down for a while to get it to start (i.e. until the red light turns green).

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the spacebar, I try to remember to hold the spacebar down for a long time the first time I use it. "Long" means long enough to see the little stop signs change shape. The program locks up when I hit spacebar with just a quick hit (like I was typing).

I think the model is to be like a realtimer where you have to hold your hands down for a while to get it to start (i.e. until the red light turns green).

But optional if it is. Some people like to just tap the spacebar.

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
The problems I had with the history were the following:
(1) I didn't care about the histogram so I ditched it.
(2) I'm more interested in the times than the dates so I swapped x for y.
(3) I hate it when the axes are marked in numbers like 25.21523 instead of 25.0 so I fixed that.
(4) I wanted the average computed as an exponential moving average and I wanted to see it in red.
Uh, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average for an explanation. This means that the average never makes a very big jump.
(5) I don't do *that* many solves so I figured it would be better to plot them all rather than their bin averages.

history.jpg

There are a few more things I'm considering doing:
(1) Add more room for the history by making the whole image larger.
(2) Change the vertical axis to show number of solves rather than the date of solves. This is because I seem to get better proportional to how many solves I do rather than the date of the solve per se. Ideally, I'd like both information, the number of solves and the date.
(3) Change the vertical axis to show "total amount of time solving". This is like the "total number of solves", but obtained by adding up the solution times. This way it weights your fast (later) solves less. The idea here is to make the vertical axis be proportional to "amount of time spent solving the cube".

But in general, if I practiced instead of messing around with Prisma Puzzle timer I'm pretty sure I'd be a few hundredths of a second faster right now.

omer

A little bug: The OLL trainer sometimes gives an OLL skip...
Just got this scramble in the OLL trainer:
R2 L2 D R2 U2 F2 U L2 U2 F2 U' R L B2 U2 R' L
Which gives a cube that can be solved with U2 V perm U2

cubernya

Premium Member
A little bug: The OLL trainer sometimes gives an OLL skip...
Just got this scramble in the OLL trainer:
R2 L2 D R2 U2 F2 U L2 U2 F2 U' R L B2 U2 R' L
Which gives a cube that can be solved with U2 V perm U2

It trains your recognition too :p It's supposed to be like that; it's not a bug

Micael

Premium Member
WCA
2009BOUL03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does the mini Jack need to be stereo?
I pluged in my stackmat with a mono one and it's not much working. I can see some behaviour suggesting it detect the timer, like the hand pads changing size, but timer never start. Tryed every option for input device, nothing really work.

ajayd

Why are the crosses in easy cross so easy? Could you make the crosses harder so that I can use them when timing cross, instead of realizing that all my times are inflated.

cubernya

Premium Member
Why are the crosses in easy cross so easy? Could you make the crosses harder so that I can use them when timing cross, instead of realizing that all my times are inflated.

The crosses in easy cross are easy because it's easy cross...If you want to time just your cross I believe you can add another event that has 3x3 as the scrambler

Dylann

I honestly can't believe you just said that. "Why is the cross so easy in easy cross". As the post above said just use the 3x3 scrambler for a random cross.

XVicarious

For those having problems with the QJ Timer, it is likely the cable that came with it for one, and two when it does work (works 100% in CCT) you take your hands off of it and it stops at ~0.26 seconds.
I have filed a bug report on bitbucket. Also I was playing around with the code, I know nothing about the data packets and how these things work, but I have added a couple scramblers.

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
The output signal generated by QJ Timer is quite similar to stackmat timer. The only difference is that in the first byte, the stackmat timer sends its working state( For example, ' ' means running, 'I' means idle, 'L' means left hand pressed, 'S' means stop, etc.) while the QJ Timer always sends 'S', which means stop.

XVicarious

That is interesting. So does CCT utilize those signals in different ways compared to Prisma? Hum I'll have to look at it myself, altough I'm not great with that kind of thing. I forked it and add scramblers for the 8x8x8 and 9x9x9, but when I attempt to render the scramble, I get thrown an exception... Hum... Working on that...