• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Prisma Puzzle Timer

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have problem with the latest version of PPT.

I downloaded the 0.6.jar. I have Java (and it works, I have no problem with other jar files, for example CalcCubeTimer, the predecessor of PPT works fine), but when I wanted to start PPT, I got this single error message:

Database Error: IO Exception: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db (Access is denied)"; "C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db" [90031-137]

It seems like that puzzletimer.lock.db or what is missing - but why and how should it be there in the first place?
So, any ideas?

I use Windows7 (64 bit), Java JRE 1.7.

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The issue is that the program doesn't have write privileges in C:\Windows\system32, so either the path the program is in has some unusable characters, so it defaulted, or you installed PPT in system32. Either way you need to move where PPT is on your computer.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The issue is that the program doesn't have write privileges in C:\Windows\system32, so either the path the program is in has some unusable characters, so it defaulted, or you installed PPT in system32. Either way you need to move where PPT is on your computer.

Okay, the issue is solved, however, in a funny way...

For .jar files, the default file handler is the Total Commander, so with a double click I can open the jar files and look inside (for research). I usually start them with right click -> "open with java". That caused a problem here.

After I set the default file handler to java, PPT started normally with a double click, and it generated the required puzzletimer.lock.db file (and a puzzletimer.h2.db file) into the same folder.

tpt8899

I get a "Could not find the main class: com.puzzle.main. Program will exit" when I try to run the file from the Requests page. The 0.6 version works fine. How do I fix this problem?

Oh and I'm using a Windows 8.1 computer

Last edited:

lorki3

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey,

the mac os x download link isn't working for me. Is there anywhere else I can download it?

EDIT: I've found it on the website.

Another question,
does anyone know if it's possible to use a stackmat on a macbook air?

Last edited:

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
I get a "Could not find the main class: com.puzzle.main. Program will exit" when I try to run the file from the Requests page. The 0.6 version works fine. How do I fix this problem?

Oh and I'm using a Windows 8.1 computer

You're probably running an older version of Java. Try updating your Java.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! I loved it! Though some of the puzzle scrambles don't load for me (for whatever reason), it is the best I have seen!
Also, how to get to the graphs?

--Sean