• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Why can't I see the avatars?

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is so strange...

I'm using firefox at home...I see no avatars here or signatures here...

however, if I use IE, I can see them...

also, when I visit the forum at the university, I can see the avatars and stuff, using firefox o_O (I think it's a different version, though)

does anybody has a similar/or the same problem?

any of the administrators know what's going wrong?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hmm.... that is odd. It may be a setting issue. However, first thing I'd do is try to see if they are the same versions both on your computer at home vs the university. If they aren't, I'd upgrade to the same and see if the problem persists. If it does, it may be a setting issue. Not sure what it would be though. Can you view all other images fine?

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm.... that is odd. It may be a setting issue. However, first thing I'd do is try to see if they are the same versions both on your computer at home vs the university. If they aren't, I'd upgrade to the same and see if the problem persists. If it does, it may be a setting issue. Not sure what it would be though. Can you view all other images fine?

what do you mean by other images? from other websites?

yep, I can see them...

oh, and I have the latest version of Firefox here...at the university it's an older one..

"settings" = setting here at the forum? at User CP? I'll take a look...

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Okay. My guess would be a setting issue. I will try to search for what that setting may be. You may want to try to empty all temp. internet files, clear cookies, etc., close Firefox, then reboot the computer, and see if it still does it.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Oh, okay. I would have thought that, but your User CP options don't change based off your computer (home vs. univ). So I am guessing on one computer you were logged in, but on the other you weren't. Glad you found it.