• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA/Competition Website Errors

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
It makes more sense to show average for a psych sheet. That gives a much better representation of speed for any sort of seeding.

For standard speedcubing events, yes. For bld, no.
Most people don't have an average and most people that do have an average don't have an average that represents their current speed. So no, it does not make any sense.

Pro94

WCA
2009PROV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It makes more sense to show average for a psych sheet. That gives a much better representation of speed for any sort of seeding. Although it is too bad that people who have official singles but not averages don't get to be seeded.

I think it makes more sense singles: 3x3 BLD format is still best of x, you win the event with the single time not with the average.

Geert

Premium Member
WCA
2010BICL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Couldn't find a thread for suggestions, so I guess I'll post it here:

When I click on 333bf at the top of the table with competitors for a future competition (example page), the page orders competitors by average. That used to be single and I don't understand why it changed. Please order it by single again. Thanks.

This needs to change back to what is was before, I use these tables to calculate my schedules, the average shown for 3bld is not accurate for this.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The psych sheets now show both single and average, sorted by single unless the database knows results of the event with 'average' or 'mean-of-3' format (currently 333bf is sorted by average because one competition used 'mean-of-3' for it, but I think it's an error and will be fixed).

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Are you sure it is an error ? I'm certain Maskow is actually good enough to do a 37-cube multi in less than a minute :p

Seriously, yes, this is a pretty common error, I've already seen it happen a lot of times.

cubernya

Premium Member