• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

aronpm

Why don't we start keeping record of all the reconstructions being done. The reconstruction thread is just too messy to find all the reconstructions we want. Maybe we should add a website where we can add reconstructions of anyone we want. Each cuber could have their own page full with strictly just their reconstructions. Maybe an add on to the wiki?
I wrote some software (php+mysql) for a simple tag database which could store reconstructions with tags (like "feliks zemdegs, 4x4, official, 35.65"), but it's really only intended for personal use (i.e., 1 person has access to add reconstructions, other people can only search). I gave a copy to Brest but I don't think he set it up

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
NzoDe.png

add parity to this case

visualcube.php

it's now easier :)

musicninja17

WCA
2010FISK01
The Wiki really, really needs work in the hardware/cube section...I feel like we wouldn't get as much annoying traffic on "i want a cube that does x and x" if we can throw all of our knowledge together on there.

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Category:3x3x3_Cubes

Example....this is really not a good landing page for 3x3 cubes when we already start describing them under their own brand name pages.

Which, by the way, also need updating.

The alpha needs a writeup on the CC, and Dayan needs general pictures/cleanup all around.

I don't feel like i'm qualified enough for the job...

Last edited:

CRO

Dunno where to post it, and I don't want to open a new thread but:

1.61 Pyraminx single WR by Bruno Bereczki @Slovenian open 2012 :)

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
Most people knows of ZBLL. (1LLL when all edges are oriented.) But you need nearly 500 algs if you want to learn that.

I wonder how many algs you need if all corners are oriented?

CPEOLL does already exist, and the first five situations is very easy to solve in 1-look with PLL/ELL.

But how many algs would it be for the 10 remaining situations?

Is this already a method?

I am just wondering if it is hard to solve LL in 1-look if I get all corners oriented.

Athefre

How to reduce CLL+1 to CLLx2:

For each of the eight orientations pick a permanent edge slot. Taking Sune for example, you would always solve the edge to the right of the oriented corner.

If the edge is within the M-slice, use M' or M2 to place the edge at DB always in the same orientation. Then, your corner alg will cycle DB->UR->UL and do a Z-Perm.

Setup: F' U' F U2 R U B L U2 L' U B' U' R'
Solution: U2M' y R'U2R2URUR2U2R' y' U2M

If the edge is within the S-slice, it's the same thing except only a DB->UR->UL cycle.

Setup: F' L' U' L U F U B' U' R' U R B
Solution: M2U' FRU'r'U2rUR'URU'R'F' UM2