• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Idea of the Layout for the Forum

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now I notice we have been getting pissed at the newbs posting threads for help. Yeah, there's a lot, so it makes sense. Often, the reply is "GO TO THE ONE ANSWER QUESTION THREAD"
Sometimes, they, the newbs, don't know where it is. So this is my idea for the layout:
2qdykpc.png

Self explanatory right?
No? Alright. So on the right side, we have the usual box we see everytime we come here. On the left is where threads the newbs should see before making a thread. Like the One Answer Q Thread, Cube Hybrid Thread, Comparison between types of Cubes, etc. That can be discussed later.
Note:I do not wish the term "newb" to offend anyone. I just thought that his idea is good for everyone's convenience.

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe add some sort of tutorial one must complete before completing registration? Or posting? There is that new to the forums post around here that it seems obvious people don't read (I guess some could accuse me of this myself but there are gray areas, or I guess it could be left to interpretation). Either way the noob guide that's posted here obviously hasn't been followed by some of the newcomers here, so a way to ensure they at least agree that they understand it would be somewhat helpful.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe add some sort of tutorial one must complete before completing registration? Or posting? There is that new to the forums post around here that it seems obvious people don't read (I guess some could accuse me of this myself but there are gray areas, or I guess it could be left to interpretation). Either way the noob guide that's posted here obviously hasn't been followed by some of the newcomers here, so a way to ensure they at least agree that they understand it would be somewhat helpful.

This isn't a Flash Game xD
As for the posting thing, I remember that whenever you had x<20 posts and tried to make a new thread, some box would always appear and said some CS stuff.