• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Can't go below 30.84...

S

Systemdertoten

Hi guys. My personal record is 30.84 seconds, and my average about 42 seconds. I use a proto-Friedrich method to solve my cubes. I use F2L, but I only know a handful of OLL's and PLL's, and worse, I have little interest in learning the remaining 60 or so algorithms. :( Any ideas? (p.s:I already looked at other methods and none seems right):fp

Samania

Learn the rest of the algorithms when you feel like it.. and just keep practicing.

LewisJ

p
r
a
c
t
i
c
e
I only know 14/21 PLLs and 10 OLLs, and I use keyhole F2L, but I average somewhere in the low-mid 20s. I haven't learned any new algorithms or done any non-subconscious alterations to my method since I averaged over 30.

S

Systemdertoten

That's what I've been trying to do this year :(
Actually, I've been thinking of an alternate method myself, but I've been more successful with it on my V-cube 5, rather than my 3x3 :mad:

S

Systemdertoten

:fpI KNOW that I have to practice, I KNOW!!:fp

I'll try a different approach;
Where can I find a list of OLL's and Pll's?
In what order should I learn them?

Please understand that I do practice A LOT, and I'm posting here since I haven't seen any improvement in the last 3 months. I'm not posting to get "practice my bum out" as an answer. I most certainly know that.

Samania

Please understand that I do practice A LOT, and I'm posting here since I haven't seen any improvement in the last 3 months. I'm not posting to get "practice my bum out" as an answer. I most certainly know that.

Okay guys, I think he gets it :rolleyes:

Badmephisto's Oll's are grouped in triggers:http://www.badmephisto.com/oll.php

His Plls are pretty good too. http://www.badmephisto.com/pll.php

LewisJ

Keyhole F2L? :confused:

[wiki]Keyhole_F2L[/wiki]
[wiki]OLL[/wiki]
[wiki]2-Look_OLL[/wiki]
[wiki]PLL[/wiki]

Sense a theme? If you're unsure of a term or want to know more about something, look it up in the wiki.

Last edited:

xbrandationx

WCA
2017MEND28
Im using the same methods you're using (only knowing a handful of OLLs and PLLs) and Ive got a sub-20 solve. Seriously, just practice a lot. The F2L is what slows most people down.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How2befast

Practise. F2L. Practise. Practise. Practise. Full PLL. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Full OLL. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. ZB. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise.

Sub 8.

LewisJ

How2befast

Practise. F2L. Practise. Practise. Practise. Full PLL. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Full OLL. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. ZB. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise. Practise.

Sub 8.

You're not being helpful at all.

AngeL

Okay, even though everyone here is technically giving you the right answer, the reason you're not seeing improvement is you're not practicing the right way. You've hit the wall of what you can do without good lookahead and smooth turning.

So, GO SLOW AND LOOK AHEAD. What that means is, stop trying to solve quickly. Turn slowly enough that you can stop looking at your current F2L pair, and start looking for and planning the next while you execute.

If you're having trouble with this, try solving F2L pairs with your eyes closed. Scan the cube to find the pieces, close your eyes, then pair up and insert. Once you can do this easily, open your eyes and while you're moving your hands, scan the cube for the next pair and figure out what moves will insert THAT pair. Once you can do this really well, you'll start to see those sub-30 times.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How2befast

Sub 8.

You're not being helpful at all.
Stop lying. You know I'm brilliant.

S

Systemdertoten

Okay, even though everyone here is technically giving you the right answer, the reason you're not seeing improvement is you're not practicing the right way. You've hit the wall of what you can do without good lookahead and smooth turning.

So, GO SLOW AND LOOK AHEAD. What that means is, stop trying to solve quickly. Turn slowly enough that you can stop looking at your current F2L pair, and start looking for and planning the next while you execute.

If you're having trouble with this, try solving F2L pairs with your eyes closed. Scan the cube to find the pieces, close your eyes, then pair up and insert. Once you can do this easily, open your eyes and while you're moving your hands, scan the cube for the next pair and figure out what moves will insert THAT pair. Once you can do this really well, you'll start to see those sub-30 times.

Finally!!
What your saying is certainly what I need ! :D
Thanks!