• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Badmephisto's algorithms iPhone app (free download!)

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

I recently made a speedcubing iPhone app (app name is Badmephisto) and it was approved yesterday by Apple. Before I mention it in my upcoming video I just wanted to get a little bit of feedback and make sure that everything is working, that there are no crashes, or even hear some thoughts about the idea and/or overall execution. I figured the forum is a perfect place for that :)

The idea of the app is that printable sheets of algorithms are difficult to carry around with, and most of the time even printed in black and white. So I took all my nice color-coded algs and I put them all into a little iPhone application for people who own an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. Most of us carry these devices on us at all times anyway, so this could be useful for algorithms recall/lookup. It contains:

beginners method algs
2 look algs
OLL
PLL
notation page

A page I created for it:
http://badmephisto.com/iphone/

Direct link to appstore:
http://itunes.com/apps/badmephisto

Sorry but it costs 1 dollar, which I hope to use to cover my expenses for website, and the Apple developer certificate (which cost me 100 bucks haha).

Anyway, let me know what you think. Those of you that decide to try it out let me know if anything crashes (oh god). But if everything goes well then I'll feel more confident to release it officially very soon as part of the video. cheers!

Last edited:

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
thank you all for trying it out! Good to hear it doesn't crash and burn badly :) I was wondering what happens if it runs on non-my-iphone, but presumably Apple did a decent job in their review process to make sure it doesnt crash.

uh oh, Android app? :) If I had an android phone that would make it easier. To be frank though, this app caused me a LOT of emotional damage while developing it, and I'm afraid the Android app would be similar :s There are just so many hoops to jump through, and I actually considered quitting several times. So I'm really glad that's over and that the app is out, and works. But let's not speak of the dark times though. Let's just say that I hope I will never have to look at all that (ever) again :)

tarpshack

WCA
2010ENGL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thank you all for trying it out! Good to hear it doesn't crash and burn badly :) I was wondering what happens if it runs on non-my-iphone, but presumably Apple did a decent job in their review process to make sure it doesnt crash.

uh oh, Android app? :) If I had an android phone that would make it easier. To be frank though, this app caused me a LOT of emotional damage while developing it, and I'm afraid the Android app would be similar :s There are just so many hoops to jump through, and I actually considered quitting several times. So I'm really glad that's over and that the app is out, and works. But let's not speak of the dark times though. Let's just say that I hope I will never have to look at all that (ever) again :)

From what I understand from other developers, programming for Android is a better experience in general than it is for Apple. A lot less "hoops." I'm just another person without an iPhone who would love to see this app for Android.