• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lost my times in CCT !!

@uguste

WCA
2010OLIV01
Hello,

Today, when I launched CCT, I saw my 4x4x4, 5x5x5, megaminx, magic... totally disappeared !!! The xml file where times are stored seems to be cut in the middle of 3x3x3 times (The last 3x3x3 session I have is from februar).

Do you think I could back up the file or anything or are my times lost forever ?

Please help me !

@uguste

WCA
2010OLIV01
No, I use CCT 0.9.5 since at least 1 or 2 months. But this version isn't very stable, I sometimes have bugs. I think that caused the data loss.
But actually, I think I will create a new profile and try to beat my old records, it will be fun !

Last edited:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Make sure you close CCT using the close button when you're done. If the program freezes and you have to kill it with the task manager, or if you shut down your computer without closing CCT, you may lose data.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There might be an unclosed tag in your xml file (I don't know why but it's happened before). If you open the xml file in IE and scroll down to the bottom, any known errors should be listed.
You can then open in something like Notepad and fix the error.

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, this happens from time to time :(
Keep plenty of backups of your profiles.
Unfortunately the source for the latest version isn't on any of the websites and I got no response from the authors/maintainers when I emailed them. Annoying but I still prefer CCT to the alternatives! :D

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Make sure you close CCT using the close button when you're done. If the program freezes and you have to kill it with the task manager, or if you shut down your computer without closing CCT, you may lose data.

If you use cct, you may lose data.

Yes, this happens from time to time :(
Keep plenty of backups of your profiles.
Unfortunately the source for the latest version isn't on any of the websites and I got no response from the authors/maintainers when I emailed them. Annoying but I still prefer CCT to the alternatives! :D

Sorry if I missed your email. A version of cct is available on the google code page, but it isn't the latest.

D

Deleted member 2864

Happened to me too. =/ I think I made a thread on it.

If you really care about your files, I'd just keep backups as suggested, though I don't mind losing them once in a while.

nickvu2

WCA
2007VUNI01
Figured I'd post here rather than opening a new thread. Hope that's cool.

In version 0.9.5, I was able to determine the cause of a recent data loss. When I change any of Rolling Averages (RA) to untrimmed the program goes a little crazy. (File -> Configuration -> 3. Scramble Customization) I recreated this under a few different scenarios. So don't untrim RAs!!!

@Michael: Were you ever able to work any of the bugs out?

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Figured I'd post here rather than opening a new thread. Hope that's cool.

In version 0.9.5, I was able to determine the cause of a recent data loss. When I change any of Rolling Averages (RA) to untrimmed the program goes a little crazy. (File -> Configuration -> 3. Scramble Customization) I recreated this under a few different scenarios. So don't untrim RAs!!!

@Michael: Were you ever able to work any of the bugs out?

I didn't yet find a repeatable case but now you have some pointers (and I have a nice Eclipse development environment set up on this laptop) I'll have a look this weekend.

nickvu2

WCA
2007VUNI01
I'm not sure I can be of much use since I know little about programing, but if there's anything I can do to help you Michael, let me know.