• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3Dcube

Hi,thanks for the response and didn't realise you guys know already. so is anyone else in to RC?. Also thanks for the kind welcome and I just ordered a zhanchi 2x2 to replace my vcube 2x2 :D

1LastSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy crap.... That 30,000 CST Diff. Oil WORKS. My old Rubik's brand was actually FASTER than my PANSHI... (When it was unlubed) I definitely recommend it. Good stuff.
Team Associated 30,000 CST Differential Oil - Availible on Amazon. I'm not even kidding... This thing is amazing. I did that 100 Moves Thread Thingy in about 5 Seconds with it.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
TheCubicle has assorted weight 1 to 5. What do you think would be best to use in the Moyu Weisu? I'm thinking maybe weight 1 or 2?

Definitely 1. In even layered cubes, too much lube makes them not just gummy but like glue. I use 10k for most of my cubes because I like fast. It's like wt. 1. Using a small amount in the WeiSu is perfect.

Edit: and you don't need to worry about 50k or anything for the core,

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Definitely 1. In even layered cubes, too much lube makes them not just gummy but like glue. I use 10k for most of my cubes because I like fast. It's like wt. 1. Using a small amount in the WeiSu is perfect.

Edit: and you don't need to worry about 50k or anything for the core,

You mean I don't even need anything for the inner circle thingies? (Because I know the Weisu doesn't move around the core like standard cubes.) So I don't even need to disassemble the cube to put wt 1 on the pieces, right? I just pop out a piece and put a little and then work it in? Sorry for stupid questions. I have no experience lubing a 4x4 really.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You mean I don't even need anything for the inner circle thingies? (Because I know the Weisu doesn't move around the core like standard cubes.) So I don't even need to disassemble the cube to put wt 1 on the pieces, right? I just pop out a piece and put a little and then work it in? Sorry for stupid questions. I have no experience lubing a 4x4 really.

You do the circle things yeah.. But not the screws and springs because they don't turn.

And yep just like stick the end in different places and put small amounts.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When you are talking about lubing the moyu weisu, what would be better: 5k of 30k diff oil?

30k is fine, just make it a small amount.

30k is fine but 5k is better (on the pieces). If you have both lubes already, use the 5k. If you are deciding whether you should buy 5k or 30k, buy 30k, as you can use 30k for multiple reasons where as 5k only works great for lubing the pieces of big order cubes. You cant e.g. lube the core with 5k (atleast not very well), where as with 30k its possible.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
30k is fine but 5k is better (on the pieces). If you have both lubes already, use the 5k. If you are deciding whether you should buy 5k or 30k, buy 30k, as you can use 30k for multiple reasons where as 5k only works great for lubing the pieces of big order cubes. You cant e.g. lube the core with 5k (atleast not very well), where as with 30k its possible.

Or don't bother, as I at least got mine prelubed.

sinisteroo

i'm also wondering this

i plan on getting a weilong on saturday from the cubicle so i can get 5cc of lube for free

gundamslicer

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with Silicone Grease? (out of a tube, not a spray can)
I saw it on the Speedsolving Wiki page 'Lubrication'. (here is the link to the lube http://www.griffon.eu/en/products/928-lubricants-greases/product/3181-silicone-grease/)
And is it safe to use?

Thank you!

I was reading the safety information and read something about degrading gloves, so i don't recommend you using it. have you tried shock oil or diff oil from RC hobby cars?

ILMZS20

hi :) i want to lubricate my cube (55mm zhanchi i want to lube core and pieces) and i have 5k diff oil and 30k diff oil. i already lubed it multiple times but it seems like i just suck at it ( yes i have checked cbcs or lubix cubes video on it but i still suck), but now i heard that people are using different viscositys for core and pieces. so which one of my lubes should i use for the core and which one for the pieces???