• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I followed the tutorial of crazybadcuber on youtube. How to assemble and lubricate Dayan ZhanChi. I use that method for pretty much any cube that comes in here.

It depends really. I haven't lubed into the core since I got it, which was back in May I think. I did lube the pieces a few days before the Eindhoven event. As long as I don't feel anything weird or hear anything go chingching I stay the hell away from the core as it will mess up the tension of course.

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's another thing- after taking it apart and lubing all the pieces with 50k differential oil, should I just tension it by feel?

Last edited:

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
I wouldn't if you mean that each side is at a different tension. I would have the screw right at the top of the center piece hole. Then I screw in each side the same. I usually set mine around 4-5 360 degrees turns.

You have to tension it by feel in my experience. Sometimes the screws go in crooked which has an influence on the tension on that side if you go by eye alone.

I have used cyoubx's tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlumT6dX6K0, and from there adjusted the tension so it has the same corner cutting forward and backward on each face. After that I adjust to preference.

I made my own tutorial as well on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u07NYquiSn0

It does boil down to preference, but in my experience starting out from even tensions all around is easiest to go by :)

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks everyone!

I ordered some 50k Traxxas differential oil. I'm going to take my cube apart and lube it like CrazyBadCuber does in his video then tension it like Cyoubx. I can wait to use my new and improved ZhanChi!

Isaac Paurus

Rubik's Brand Lube

i have been needing some lube, and im gonna get some lubix, but i wanted something right now. i found rubiks lube for pretty cheap, so how good is it is really what im asking. thanks!

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
i have been needing some lube, and im gonna get some lubix, but i wanted something right now. i found rubiks lube for pretty cheap, so how good is it is really what im asking. thanks!

Don't bother with lubix, it's too expensive. I suggest traxxas 50k (it's got the same consistency as lubix and works just as well for the cube). You can get 50cc for about $8.50 (2cc lubix costs $10).

Get it at Amazon