• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
The core is the very basics of the cube. I'd lube the core, definitely. Most new cubes have this chingching noise upon turning a face, that is the core that needs lubrication :)

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's fair enough. For me personally, I find that ss 4x4s become too fast for me when I lube the internal mechanism. I get the best mix of controllable/gummy feeling and speed when I only lube the pieces of an ss 4x4. For most other cubes however, I definately recommend lubing the internals to get rid of that "chingching" noise you mentioned. Everyone has different opinions regarding lubing and honestly, the best recomendation is to try as many lubing teqniques as you can so you can find out what you like/don't like in a cube. The great thing about experimenting with lube is that if you don't like it, you can just wipe off the lube and try again ;). So CJF2L, try lubing the core and see if you like it :)

A friend of mine will get a SS3x3, and I know I will lube the core. That spring sound is indeed making me cringe, sounds like a cube that is in pain lol but I don't think I will lube the pieces as he doesn't like the cube too fast.

At least he is using my spare Zhanchi right now so anything he gets is slower ;)

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A friend of mine will get a SS3x3, and I know I will lube the core. That spring sound is indeed making me cringe, sounds like a cube that is in pain lol but I don't think I will lube the pieces as he doesn't like the cube too fast.

At least he is using my spare Zhanchi right now so anything he gets is slower ;)

Why not it seems like lubing the core is the way to lube cubes nowadays.

"Why not it seems like lubing the core is the way to lube cubes nowadays."

I didn't say I wasn't lubing the core. I AM lubing the core. I ALWAYS lube the core :)

Endgame

The core is the very basics of the cube. I'd lube the core, definitely. Most new cubes have this chingching noise upon turning a face, that is the core that needs lubrication :)

that just means youre being silly and the spring is upside down