• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
how does everyone lube their cubes? ive tried lubricating only on the surfaces that are worn down with scratches and its working pretty good

If you have Lubix or 50k diff oil, lube the core. It'll stop the creaky sounds of the springs and reduce the wear and tear of the core. I just spread some pieces apart and drop/spray some Maru/Z-Lube/shock oil/diff oil/silicone spray into it, I'm too lazy to pop a piece out. If you work it in a lot quickly it should be fine.

o2gulo

Uhh, how do you lube a wittwo and a pyraminx using lubix? It's my first time. I usually order the cubes lubed already so I have no chance in trying one.

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
I disassembled my wittwo and lubed it like a normal 3x3. crazybadcuber has a good video on how to use lubix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4paID_54lQ go to about the 5 minute mark and he will show you how to lubricate a zhanchi, which you just alter to use on a wittwo. I highly suggest looking up how to reassemble the wittwo becasue it is different than what you would thing, I have no idea how to lube a pyramix though

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Uhh, how do you lube a wittwo and a pyraminx using lubix? It's my first time. I usually order the cubes lubed already so I have no chance in trying one.

for the wittwo, I unscrewed the 3 centers that weren't connected to a piece, and lubed the washers and the screws. I also lubed the point where the screw meets the core on the other 3 centers. Just a little bit on each part. Then I put some on a piece before I put it in and worked it in from there

aznanimedude

^this. Also it works really well and lasts forever. Its a bit gummy though,which I like. if you want it not as gummy use a lighter weight like 30 k.

And it's cheap, more than 3x the largest Lubix syringe for half the price.

Hey Endgame.. that 30k differential oil.. does that mean this kind of stuff? http://www.akmodelbouw.nl/Differentieel-olie-30000CPS

I am not much into the gummy, I like the feel of lubix, so.. I want something that is closest to that and can be used in pretty much any cube :)

http://www.pkracing.nl/difolie.jsp

I see there are different numbers available in differential oil. So the lower the less gummy? Anyone got a Jip and Janneke (as if I am a kid) explanation for me about this? :)

Last edited:

ducttapecuber

Premium Member
WCA
2014SHIE03
I mixed 50k differential oil (traxxas) with lubix. (I added about 2cc of lubix to a mostly full bottle of diff oil) I highly like the results. It seems that it takes the best qualities of each lubricant and created a super lube. Has anyone else had success with this?

Tyjet66

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT lubricate a Shengshou 4x4 with CRC Heavy Duty Silicone Spray. I disassembled mine, lubed it with CRC and it became super loose. After tightening it a bit, it's not very slow and very sluggish. I really regret doing that... =(

WCA
2012BASK02
7x7 lubrication troubles

I have lubricated my 7x7 with a combination of crc and lubix, and the outer and inner inner layers have improved, but the outer inner layers are still very very slow and clicky(I can feel intense vibration when I cube). Can this be fixed with correct lubrication or do I need to mod the cube to get rid of it? either way, has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I mixed 50k differential oil (traxxas) with lubix. (I added about 2cc of lubix to a mostly full bottle of diff oil) I highly like the results. It seems that it takes the best qualities of each lubricant and created a super lube. Has anyone else had success with this?

No, but I like to use izo lube for the core of my cubes, and some lubix on the outside of the core. It makes it quite nice.

Why would we? I love lanlan, didn't know they made cubes that big :)

I'd say start taking the little sticking out pieces off with a file, if lube doesn't help it could be the pieces themselves that rub together too much (the mold's excess so to speak). I did that on my ShengShou 5x5, helped tremendously.

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am new to speedcubing and the forums so bear with me...

I bought a stickerless DaYan ZhanChi and I LOVE it. It just needs to be lubed. What lube would you recommend? I'm leaning towards Jig-A-Loo, but I don't want to melt my cube.

Thanks!