• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheSlowCuber

I put car oil in my cube once and it worked ok, next time I go to the gas station I will bring a rubiks cube and fill it with diesel to see if that works as lube

erictom333

Swallowing is not a problem lol. Maybe I’m missing something but how would that happen? If the cube is having a springy creak (spring noise) then get some lube and put a couple of drops on the screw/spring after you take the centre cap off, should work. For lubing, take apart your cube, clean the pieces, do what you want, and then add some drops of lube between the corners and edges and just turn a lot to spread it. For normal lubing, dont clean, just add drops and turn. Make sure not to add too much, start very small, turn the cube to spread the lube and check, and slowly keep adding more until you have the right amount (too much means slippery cube and too much gliding)
What lube should I get? I don't want to spend too much money on multiple or fancy lubes, just something which will work everywhere. Also, how would I clean the cube?

CoderGuru

What lube should I get? I don't want to spend too much money on multiple or fancy lubes, just something which will work everywhere. Also, how would I clean the cube?
Adheron lubes are cheap 20ml bottles which are decent and last ages. For cube cleaning, take thr cube apart, clean each piece with A micro fibre cloth, and ressemble and do what you want with settings and whatever

FaTyl

traxxas 50k is great for the price; for ~$10, you'll get a huge bottle that'll last a very long time. i've had a bottle for almost 4 years and it's just over halfway used.

as for the lube itself, it can be used for a wide variety of cubes, for a wide variety of purposes. you can lube the hardware, you can lube the pieces, you can make a cube faster, you can make a cube slower, it's a good all-round lube for the price. i still use it in the majority of my cubes.

Isaiah Scott

WCA
2022SCOT04
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
traxxas 50k is great for the price; for ~$10, you'll get a huge bottle that'll last a very long time. i've had a bottle for almost 4 years and it's just over halfway used.

as for the lube itself, it can be used for a wide variety of cubes, for a wide variety of purposes. you can lube the hardware, you can lube the pieces, you can make a cube faster, you can make a cube slower, it's a good all-round lube for the price. i still use it in the majority of my cubes.
maybe I should get some. I really like gravitas and weight 5 but I might have to give it a try

Arcanist

What weight lube at scs is best?

Overall question:
Currently own around 2.5 ml of lunar and martian and plan on buying an order at scs. For lubes I plan on spending $10 - 15. What should I get?