Page 26 of 202 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubrication Thread

I'm very new to the forums and this is my first post! I am not only new to the forums but also speed cubing. I have known how to solve a cube for a while now but have recently started speed cubing. I have a question and I think I've come to the right thread. Now for my question, what is the difference in 2cc 4cc and 8cc in the lubix brand lube? This is what I'm talking about - http://shop.speedsolving.com/product...zle-lubricant/

The only difference is size. 2cc is small, 4cc is medium and 8cc is big

Oh okay that would make sense. Thnx

YouTube
    Jayceeblaster

How does one go about lubing a Square-1 (ball core), Pyraminx, and cubes 2-5 with CRC?
    3x3: 9.05/12.54/12.99/14.63. 4x4: 44.23/53.50/55.32/59:45. 3BLD: 1:21.72[35.53].
    The most effective way to punish trolls. WARNING: Do not click if epileptic.

Default Help! I lubed my V-Cube 5 and it got slower!

Hello everyone, I modded my V-Cube 5 today and it worked great! Then, I decided to lube it with Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray (plastic safe, no acetone) and immediately my cube slowed way down I dissembled my cube and wiped all of the lube off and it's better but it is still slow. I need help! I think it has something to do with the internal mechanism...any suggestions? Also, what is the best kind of lube for V-cube 5 and any other bigger cubes?

I need the help as soon as possible, because if there is nothing I can do then I will order a Shengshou 5x5 to replace it
    Last edited by Brest; 04-14-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: post merge

WCA Profile
    2011CHEN54
    YouTube
    Rainpaw4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
    How does one go about lubing a Square-1 (ball core), Pyraminx, and cubes 2-5 with CRC?
    I just spray 2 short squirts inside, no more than 1 sec per squirt then immediately break it in so it doesn't act like glue and/or eat plastic.

WCA Profile
    2012LEIT01

Quote Originally Posted by N1ck View Post
    Hello everyone, I modded my V-Cube 5 today and it worked great! Then, I decided to lube it with Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray (plastic safe, no acetone) and immediately my cube slowed way down I dissembled my cube and wiped all of the lube off and it's better but it is still slow. I need help! I think it has something to do with the internal mechanism...any suggestions? Also, what is the best kind of lube for V-cube 5 and any other bigger cubes?

I need the help as soon as possible, because if there is nothing I can do then I will order a Shengshou 5x5 to replace it
    Generally with aerosol lubricant, the cube turns poorly for a while, and just requires breaking in (and a lot of it for bigger cubes) Just solve it and give it time. If the problem persists, make sure the pieces fit well, you may have to sand them and/or loosen the cube a bit. If all else fails, try replacing the whole core (screws and springs too). I wouldn't try any of the latter options until you are sure it wont get better by breaking it in more.

Also, in the future, lube your big cubes with differential oil or shock oil (traxxas, ofna, lubix, maru, etc). Don't replace te cube unless you were planning to before your cube started turning badly.
    Last edited by Brest; 04-14-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added quote
    Sleeping is a gateway drug to being awake.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeytherat View Post
    Generally with aerosol lubricant, the cube turns poorly for a while, and just requires breaking in (and a lot of it for bigger cubes) Just solve it and give it time. If the problem persists, make sure the pieces fit well, you may have to sand them and/or loosen the cube a bit. If all else fails, try replacing the whole core (screws and springs too). I wouldn't try any of the latter options until you are sure it wont get better by breaking it in more.

Also, in the future, lube your big cubes with differential oil or shock oil (traxxas, ofna, lubix, maru, etc). Don't replace te cube unless you were planning to before your cube started turning badly.
    Thank you so much, I will do my best to break it in. I plan on purchasing lubix soon for use in the future, and if worse comes to worse I will order a new core for the cube. Thanks again!

WCA Profile
    2012LEIT01

Quote Originally Posted by N1ck View Post
    Thank you so much, I will do my best to break it in. I plan on purchasing lubix soon for use in the future, and if worse comes to worse I will order a new core for the cube. Thanks again!
    No problem I'm always glad to help when I can.
    Sleeping is a gateway drug to being awake.

WCA Profile
    2010WOMA01
    YouTube
    michael1234252

whats the best lube for 5x5? I have a Maru and Ghosthand 5x5.