• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did anyone ever tried ZZ-d with phasing combined ?
Although it might be slow and cumbersum regarding the LS, it would leave one of the easiest LL ever.
Yes, I thought of this a while ago and used to use it. I now think it's not very fast though since you have to do so much to influence LL during F2L; COLL-EPLL or OLL-PLL is faster imo.

Did anyone ever tried ZZ-d with phasing combined ?
Although it might be slow and cumbersum regarding the LS, it would leave one of the easiest LL ever.

Even with Corners permutated and Edges phased there are still 28 cases left [ (7 corner patterns) times (solved + H + Z + Z) ] - maybe a learning step to full 2GLL

But how to do the "permute corners while finishing left block" step. Even with "infinite" time I don't find a logic how to fix cp.

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, why don't we recognize ZBLL's as the OLL, and then the PLL?
i.e: R' Y-perm R

I notice it is a Ja(?) perm, and I have the U (?) OLL. Then I perform the algorithm that corresponds to that case, and it solves it. Why do we not recognize like this compared to the COLL followed by the edge cycle?

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I notice it is a Ja(?) perm, and I have the U (?) OLL. Then I perform the algorithm that corresponds to that case, and it solves it. Why do we not recognize like this compared to the COLL followed by the edge cycle?

because that way is much more complicated. COLL recognition is super easy. just add edge cycle. having to recognize the PLL is super hard when the pieces arent oriented.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

It's just faster. Recognizing the COLL is pretty much as fast as OLL recog and once you get pretty good at it edges don't take much longer. Sitting there and tracking where pieces go to see the PLL takes some thought seeing blocks and patterns can become unconscious. I don't see

Not really.
I find it perfectly easy. I just need algs for it.

Also, how many algs are there per case on average? (excluding COLL, PLL, and pure OLL's)

setup R' U2 R U R' U R2 U' L' U R' U' L, recognize that PLL in a reasonable amount of time.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So recognition works by thinking (sort of) I have this COLL, and this is the edge cycle, so I have this alg. Why not memorize it as patterns rather than a COLL and an EPLL?

COLLs are patterns themselves. then you just incorporate the edge recog as a pattern. (couple different ways to do it, check out the slide on the zbll seminar).

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, but why not memorize as patterns instead. BTW that PLL is a Ga (?) perm (not good with the names)

I use patterns to recognize edge cycles, COLL recognition is just as fast as OLL and is patterns. How long did it take you to see that PLL. I would be very surprised if you did it in under 2 seconds.