• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cashis

So, I use ZB, and was wondering about what time-frame, I should be before attempting to learn full ZBLL? Should I at least know COLL first?

COLL helps, but in the end you'll know full ZBLL and won't need COLL anyway. Its just when you learn the algorithms thats different.

cashis

I plan to learn ZBLL for ZZ OH, where should I start, with what set? I already know COLL, and how is recognition going to work?

1. recognize oll
2. recognize coll
3. compare edges to nearby corners.
there's a guide that explains it somewhere, look in the ZBLL discussion thread about 5 pages back. I asked the same question

mDiPalma

1. recognize oll
2. recognize coll
3. compare edges to nearby corners.
there's a guide that explains it somewhere, look in the ZBLL discussion thread about 5 pages back. I asked the same question

if he already knows coll, there's no reason to recog the oll.

basically, i recommend going through the alg sheets and learn the easiest algs to recognize and work them into your solves gradually. L3C algs and h-perm looking algs are good. also sune algs. it is actually possible to do every 2GLL alg (the RU ones) with only sunes, if you're into that.

mDiPalma

How do you recognise COLL if you don't recognise which subset it is first?

when you finish the F2L, do you consciously go:

1) ok, what OLL is this? Lets see which corners are oriented....ok it's those two. This is the T case.
2) ok so I know it's the T case, but there are several T-case COLLs... hmmm.. This one has the two same colors over here......so it's the regular alg.

or do you go:

1) ok this COLL is the regular alg.

i'm pretty sure for most people those two recognition steps come at the same time, especially if you have a good grasp on COLL, which is what the guy claimed.

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So... I have tried many methods, but the one that I really seem to like is ZZ. So, how should I go about practicing my EOline? I first build the line, then do Eo, but have the line built so it is a D, D', or D2 away from being solved. As a 40 second ZZ solver, is that a decent way to start?

So... I have tried many methods, but the one that I really seem to like is ZZ. So, how should I go about practicing my EOline? I first build the line, then do Eo, but have the line built so it is a D, D', or D2 away from being solved. As a 40 second ZZ solver, is that a decent way to start?

The best way to do is to do EO first and then the line. After EO, the line can be solved within 4 moves. EO is usually not to hard to plan out, and if you look ahead into the line, its really fast.

Does anyone use wide or slice turns during the eoline to make it easier or to orient edges?