• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DAoliHVAR

Hummm, probably Pyraminx, Square-1, 6x6, 7x7 atleast. Then you could consider stuff like Skewb, 3x3x5 and other shape shifters.
thanks,which one of these is the most fun to solve,since i don't have the funds for all of them

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks,which one of these is the most fun to solve,since i don't have the funds for all of them

Probably pyraminx/square-1 as they are something completely new compared to what you already have. 3x3x5 kinda falls in that category too, though.. Pyraminx is a lot easier to learn which also makes it boring faster. I'd probably start with Square-1.

7nand

Is a Konsta modded shengshou 4x4 v5 comparable to a Weisu??
Also does only doing the Konsta mod on the SS 4x4 v5 make it unstable??

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is a Konsta modded shengshou 4x4 v5 comparable to a Weisu??
Also does only doing the Konsta mod on the SS 4x4 v5 make it unstable??

Not really, the cubes feel a lot different. I would prefer a well konsta modded v5 over a WeiSu though.
When done right the mod only takes care of lock ups. The cube does not get unstable. My SSv5 does not lock up or pop though it can corner twist (because of the florian mod)

CheesePuffs

YouTube
Visit Channel
1. So my Wittwo is dying out and it seems like a good change for my 2x2's. Would you reccomend the Dayan or Lingpo? I have an unusual popping problem with Zhanchis though (1 in every ~30 solves) and I don't want my 2x2 to pop so if someone could tell me if the Dayan pops that would be great. Other problems would be nice to mention as well. I'm leaning towards the dayan because I like smoother cubes.

2. I'm going to get a black 3x3 since in my years of cubing, I've never had a speedcube that was black other than my 42 mm zhanchi. I want to try one out and was wodnering if I should get the Fangshi Shuang Ren or the Shengshou Aurora. I've heard the aurora can pop and with my very rough turning style (that I will fix later) I will probably pop it a lot. I have a Guhong, Zhanchi, and Weilong so other recommended cubes are plausible. Thanks!

P.S. I have a set of wittwo stickers, will they work on the dayan/lingpo 2x2?
Also will standard 57 mm stickers fit on whatever 3x3 you recommend?

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
1. So my Wittwo is dying out and it seems like a good change for my 2x2's. Would you reccomend the Dayan or Lingpo? I have an unusual popping problem with Zhanchis though (1 in every ~30 solves) and I don't want my 2x2 to pop so if someone could tell me if the Dayan pops that would be great. Other problems would be nice to mention as well. I'm leaning towards the dayan because I like smoother cubes.

2. I'm going to get a black 3x3 since in my years of cubing, I've never had a speedcube that was black other than my 42 mm zhanchi. I want to try one out and was wodnering if I should get the Fangshi Shuang Ren or the Shengshou Aurora. I've heard the aurora can pop and with my very rough turning style (that I will fix later) I will probably pop it a lot. I have a Guhong, Zhanchi, and Weilong so other recommended cubes are plausible. Thanks!

As for the first question, both the Dayan and Lingpo are great cubes, and you shouldn't have any popping issues on the Dayan either (as long as you have it on the right tensions). If you like smooth cubes then you'll love it. And yes, your WitTwo stickers will fit however you won't see quite as much as the plastic because the Dayan is slightly smaller and the hole in the middle is larger.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
What are they? Modded versions of stock Dayan cubes?

That's what I thought, but they don't appear to be externally modded (you can do a Florian, style mod to a Zhanchi). I'd imagine CPM and 48pem internally, but that's 20 mins work.

If you want to buy a pre-modded zhanchi, I'd say go Lubix or Camcuber, rather than giving that much money for an unknown product.

CheesePuffs

YouTube
Visit Channel

Bump. The 2x2 part was somewhat answered but more than one opinion is valued. I still need input for my 3x3. And I need help on the sticker question as well. Thanks!

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
DIY or assembled?

Link to C4U 3x3x4s.

I want to get a 3x3x4 from C4U (preferably a cuboid-shaped one, I don't really like the look of the cubic ones), but I'm not sure whether to get the assembled or DIY. I prefer the color choices of the DIYs and I want to assemble it myself, but I've never had a DIY cube before and I'll probably mess something up.

Any advice?

Ruben

WCA
2014VASQ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i personally enjoy assembling a DIY kit. for me its fun and i could lube and tension the cube while im at it. Another reason why you might prefer a DIY is because of the stickers.im really picky about mine, i ticks me off when they arnt centered, are already chipped/bent,, or have air bubbles. thats why i prefer to place them myself.
Asselmbling diy kits is easy, the hardest part is placing the stickers. if you dont mind stickers then difinetly go for a diy. it'll be a good experience for you

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
i personally enjoy assembling a DIY kit. for me its fun and i could lube and tension the cube while im at it. Another reason why you might prefer a DIY is because of the stickers.im really picky about mine, i ticks me off when they arnt centered, are already chipped/bent,, or have air bubbles. thats why i prefer to place them myself.
Asselmbling diy kits is easy, the hardest part is placing the stickers. if you dont mind stickers then difinetly go for a diy. it'll be a good experience for you

My main concern is the stickers. I have really long nails which is never good for them.

EDIT: I didn't realise the thread could go here. Thanks whoever moved it.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel