• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

rudra

I want to buy an square 1. But not sure which one to buy? Unlike 3x3 puzzles I guess there is not too much options. Any help will be appreciated.

rudra

That video really helped. I've been searching in youtube for comparison but no video showed all square 1 comparison in single video. :tu

rudra

I also noticed in lighttake, mf8 v1 has U and D layer as Blue and green which is kind of wierd

ShengShou is not bad for beginners... For more advanced solvers:
3x3: Dayan ZhanChi / Gans III / Mo Yu Wei Long
Wow, that's LOT of choices for the 3x3
4x4: Mo Yu Wei Su / even ShengShou is perfectly good
Megaminx: Dayan or mf8

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That video really helped. I've been searching in youtube for comparison but no video showed all square 1 comparison in single video. :tu

Your welcome for the help.

I also noticed in lighttake, mf8 v1 has U and D layer as Blue and green which is kind of wierd

Oh that's one of the normal Square-1 color schemes

7nand

What should I get - Dayan Megaminx(with ridges), Shengshou Megaminx or MF8 Megaminx?

Shengshou is almost as good as the Dayan megaminx and also is a lot cheaper.. If you mod the shengshou megaminx then it will be as good as the Dayan one or maybe better.. :)

PatCube

Hey, I'm going to buy a MF8 SQ-1.Does anyone know the difference between the MF8 SQ1 v1and v2 ? :confused:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Zhanchi is a cube that has definitely been discussed enough; there is nothing left to say. Obviously people will focus more on the new cubes; I'm probably not very wrong if I assume that most OH cubes are zhanchis. People just have no reason to hype the zhanchi, that story already died.