• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi folks,

So I'm lucky enough to have won a forum competition, and am in line for a few free cubes. Thing is, I can't decide what to claim as my prize. I'm only really into 3x3.

Current main is a black Weilong, and I've narrowed my options down to:

Zhanchi (black, white, or milky)
Weilong (black, white, or milky)
Sulong
Chilong
Fangshi v2 (I already have a V1, and I'm not really a fan)

I've wanted a milky Zhanchi for a while, but I'm a Weilong convert, so not sure any more!

Currently waiting on reviews for the two new YJ cubes, but in the meantime any thoughts? I can pick any 3.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi folks,

So I'm lucky enough to have won a forum competition, and am in line for a few free cubes. Thing is, I can't decide what to claim as my prize. I'm only really into 3x3.

Current main is a black Weilong, and I've narrowed my options down to:

Zhanchi (black, white, or milky)
Weilong (black, white, or milky)
Sulong
Chilong
Fangshi v2 (I already have a V1, and I'm not really a fan)

I've wanted a milky Zhanchi for a while, but I'm a Weilong convert, so not sure any more!

Currently waiting on reviews for the two new YJ cubes, but in the meantime any thoughts? I can pick any 3.

Definitly include chilong.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you don't like the Fangshi v1, probably scratch the v2.
I would personally go for the milky Weilong since you already know you like the cube. You might wait for info on the Chilong, however it's probably not going to be much different from the SuLong, which asmallkitten has done a review on. It's apparently slower and more controllable than the Weilong.

Milky Zhanchi, eh, if you like the Zhanchi, sure, but you seem to prefer the Weilong.

Peace99

I live in Lawas, Sarawak, Malaysia. It's actually
Hey guys! I'd like to ask, which of the Moyu cubes are the best? WeiLong, SuLong, HuanYing, or else? Can you list them accordingly from the best to the least? Just list them to your opinions. :) And, are they any better than Type A, Shengshou (Aurora or Wind), Dayan, Dian Sheng, C's, Rubik's and other brands? Thanks!

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about the Fangshi? Are they any better or about the same as WeiLong? I heard that both are almost identical and there's not much difference.

They are completely different cubes in my opinion. The feel is different and the FangShi tends to lock up more than the WeiLong. The FangShi feels also a little flimsier.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you don't like the Fangshi v1, probably scratch the v2.
I would personally go for the milky Weilong since you already know you like the cube. You might wait for info on the Chilong, however it's probably not going to be much different from the SuLong, which asmallkitten has done a review on. It's apparently slower and more controllable than the Weilong.

Milky Zhanchi, eh, if you like the Zhanchi, sure, but you seem to prefer the Weilong.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I hear the FSII is pretty much the same as the original, and I don't like the feel of it either in terms of weight or turning, so that's out!

So milky Weilong and 2 others. The 2 others will either be Zhanchis of some description, or YJ cubes of some description. If nobody likes the new YJ cubes, it'll be a milky Zhanchi and a spare Weilong.

I do prefer the Weilong... but I still love my Zhanchis! :p

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, all those people who say the Zhanchi has been killed are like the people who thought the iPhone would be killed. Only I actually like the Zhanchi.

I still do prefer my Fangshi because speed. But my Zhanchi is awesome. And it's black with white center caps and looks awesome :3

Peace99

I live in Lawas, Sarawak, Malaysia. It's actually
Lol. I don't even have a good cube that has good corner cutting, speed, and all. My main cube is just a plain YJ. It costs less than 6 bucks lol. It pops almost all the time, slow speed, bad corner cutting. That's why I'm asking other cubers about their opinions on other brands because I want to buy a new one since I never had a good 3x3.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol. I don't even have a good cube that has good corner cutting, speed, and all. My main cube is just a plain YJ. It costs less than 6 bucks lol. It pops almost all the time, slow speed, bad corner cutting. That's why I'm asking other cubers about their opinions on other brands because I want to buy a new one since I never had a good 3x3.

You can't go wrong with a Fangshi or a weilong or a zhanchi for that matter.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Get a Sulong.

Zeotor

I want a 3x3x3 that feels like as much like a Rubik's brand cube as possible while still being able to reverse corner cut at least one-third of a piece.

I have the following 3x3x3s.
Rubik's non-DIY - (very broken in, then Lubixed core and pieces)
colored (a.k.a. stickerless) DaYan GuHong - (very broken in)
ShengShou (the first version)
F II - (with Lubixed pieces)
DIY Rubik's cube - (with Lubixed core, silicone sprayed pieces)
DaYan ZhanChi - (CrazyBadCuber tutorialed)
DaYan GuHong version two
Type C V: WitYou
LanLan - (lightly Florian modded)
Ghosthand II
DaYan LunHui
another F II
ShengShou Aurora - (broken in)
MoYu WeiLong
The one I like the most, as far as feeling goes is the first F II. I don't use it because of its reverse corner cutting. It is not generous enough to fit with my turning style. It almost is though. (I know that I could modify it. However, I think that doing that would change the feeling of it. Also, for convenience and the possibility of future replacement, I'd prefer to get a new cube rather than changing a current one.)

What cube should I get?
Thank you.

P.S. - I currently have a YJ SuLong coming in the mail.

1LastSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a $50.00 Gift Card laying around, and I've FINALLY found a good plan to buy a 2 x 2, a 3 x 3, a 4 x 4, a 5 x 5, Some lube, and a Megaminx. I apologize for bringing this up again, but I really want to make a well-thought out decision, instead of completely buying a hype about a cube just to purchase it and realize how inferior it is to other speedcubes. Any suggestions or comments I will take into consideration. Just for information, I'll tell you that I like cubes on the faster side that work well with light turning. I personally prefer quiet cubes so I don't disturb others, but I don't mind loud cubes at all. For my lubricant, I don't need much. I just need a lubricant that doesn't make the cube gummy and preferably Lubix or Differential Oil.

Lube: Team Associated 30,000 CST Diff. Oil - $6.50
2 x 2: White Wittwo Type C - $12.88
3 x 3: YJ SuLong White - $6.99
5 x 5: ShengShou 5 x 5 - $7.65
Megaminx: ShengShou Megaminx White - $10.99
Shipping & Handling: $2.99
Total: $48.00

Last edited: