• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2012HJIN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is Guhong 2 definitely better than Guhong 1? How and how much?

How, I believe its smoother, pop less because of the torpedoes. The plastic is different so it gives a different feel. The Guhong 2 core is better and it's just beast. Smooth and slick. But some people might think otherwise, just personal preference.

When I said pop less, I meant it will never pop, unless you do something stupid.

elcuber

What cube does not lock-up, has above average corner-cutting and good speed? Please put a link where I could buy it ^^

drogg

So just my two cents here.

I have a Dayan Zhanchi lubed with lubix but with no other mods done. This cube has been my main and only speedcube for the last couple of months. There is not really a bad thing I can say about it. It never pops, it's fast and it corner cuts. The only slight criticism is the fact that in my opinion the corner cutting could be slightly better. Despite what many people said, I got this cube when I was averaging around 60 seconds. I had slight problems with it being "too fast" for around a week or so, as I was used to a rubiks brand, I sometimes found myself turning faces I didn't mean to. However I quickly saw my times come down once I got used to what the cube was capable of. Overall i'd give this cube 9/10.

I have recently bought a Dayan Guhong V2 (Lubix version). I really like this cube. Straight out of the box it's fast and smooth. It corner cuts well and doesn't pop. I feel it's a smoother cube than the Zhanchi as many other people have pointed out. I personally really like the feel of this cube and it suits my style very well. Overall I'd give this cube 9.5/10. I feel it just suits me a little better than the Zhanchi and the corner cutting is ever so slightly better on my Guhong than my Zhanchi.

So I guess the big question is which one do you go for? Well i'm really struggling to decide between the two, I keep doing solves with each. Personally I think I'll use the Guhong for a little while but that might just be the novelty of having a new cube and the fact that my Zhanchi's stickers are on their last legs! So my advice would have to be to just pick one of the two cubes it's very unlikely that you will be disappointed with either and it will probably just come down to personal preference to which one you would prefer and which fits your style best.

marceldacs

i have 4 zhanchis. (1 colored,2 white,and 1 black). Non modded but lubixed. I also have 1 guhong v2 (black). Also non modded but lubed. my mains are the white zhanchis because i like the look better and i feel like it turns better although this is probably mental. My zhanchis have always been bumpy at first but after playing with them a lot, they become insanely smooth. For some reason, my zhanchis cut corners better than my guhong. (50-57degrees). My guhong only cuts aroun 45-50 degrees). For some odd reason, i prefer my black guhong over my black zhanchi, so maybe if i got a white guhong, it would become my favorite. My guhong isn't as fast but it makes a really nice sound.

Amir Nafisi

WCA
2012NAFI01
Best Rubik's Magic?

Hello
I wanna to buy a best magic now I have cube twist and guojia my single with keyboard 0.89 whith QJ timer 0.90 and my usual ave 1.06
which magic is best ???

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
I've won some money for being 1st in Megaminx and I want to get a new 3x3. I'm thinking of a Guhong v2, stickerless Zhanchi or the Dayan 6 cube. But I also have a voucher, which is expiring on the 21st of August. I'm just worried that I won't be able to gather enough opinions on the Dayan 6 cube before my voucher expires, but I also don't really want to buy too many cubes. I have only one 3x3 (a Zhanchi) lol. Oh and I might get a Wittwo along with it, simply because of relays, I suck at 2x2 and I really prefer it over my Lanlan.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've won some money for being 1st in Megaminx and I want to get a new 3x3. I'm thinking of a Guhong v2, stickerless Zhanchi or the Dayan 6 cube. But I also have a voucher, which is expiring on the 21st of August. I'm just worried that I won't be able to gather enough opinions on the Dayan 6 cube before my voucher expires, but I also don't really want to buy too many cubes. I have only one 3x3 (a Zhanchi) lol. Oh and I might get a Wittwo along with it, simply because of relays, I suck at 2x2 and I really prefer it over my Lanlan.

If you can only get one go for the Dayan 6. (if it's released in time). If you can get 2, I'd say guhong v2 and dayan6. Do you already have a wittwo? If not, you should get one (if you can afford it and the dayan 6)

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
If you can only get one go for the Dayan 6. (if it's released in time). If you can get 2, I'd say guhong v2 and dayan6. Do you already have a wittwo? If not, you should get one (if you can afford it and the dayan 6)

Yes, but how do you know that the Dayan 6 is going to be good?

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let's see...

Dayan 1 (Taiyan) - decent
Dayan 2 (guhong) - awesome
Dayan 3 (lingyun) - great but pops
Dayan 4 (lunhui) - smooth, but a little slower/more controllable
Dayan 5 (zhanchi) - awesome
Dayan 3 v2 - great w/out pops
Dayan 2 v2 - great

Dayan 6 - They've released 7 cubes so far, all of which have been speedcube-worthy, we can only assume that this one will be as well.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
They've released 7 cubes so far, all of which have been speedcube-worthy, we can only assume that this one will be as well.

They're all 3x3's. While the Dayan 4x4 is very good, the mini-4x4 is supposed to be poor. Also the 6x6 uses a completely different mech from other high order cubes, which has yet to be proven.