• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so no Shengshou as a secondary 4x4. Any other opinions on 2x2s? So far the only good ones I've heard of are Dayan, Moyu, and WitTwo.
There's also the FangShi ShiShuang. I like the 55mm version. It's my main along with my LingPo and I'm constantly switching between the two. The WitTwo is kind of outdated. It was my main for a long time but I switched to the LingPo because they feel similar but the LingPo is like a better version of the WitTwo.

ljackstar

Thanks for the tips. Good to know there is still only one type of magic out there too lol

EDIT: Oh, one more questions, what's the best pyraminx out there right now

Last edited:

Dko

I need a little help.
See I've owned two 3x3x3 puzzle cubes so far but I have not been able to find a cube that works well for me.

My first wast a pillowed V cube. A major step up from the Rubik's I use to play with, as a kid, but my oily fingers destroyed the stickers quickly.

For my second I decided I would get a sticker-less. But for a while all I could find where the very blah solid color ones. Yet eventually I found a sticker-less cube that had a ball core, a black body where every cubie had colored caps.

Great! right? No, today for the second time the plastic shattered on me and now the cube is useless.

So I ask... Does anyone know of any cubes, that are sticker-less, don't look like crap AND have quality plastic/design that won't break after a month?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need a little help.
See I've owned two 3x3x3 puzzle cubes so far but I have not been able to find a cube that works well for me.

My first wast a pillowed V cube. A major step up from the Rubik's I use to play with, as a kid, but my oily fingers destroyed the stickers quickly.

For my second I decided I would get a sticker-less. But for a while all I could find where the very blah solid color ones. Yet eventually I found a sticker-less cube that had a ball core, a black body where every cubie had colored caps.

Great! right? No, today for the second time the plastic shattered on me and now the cube is useless.

So I ask... Does anyone know of any cubes, that are sticker-less, don't look like crap AND have quality plastic/design that won't break after a month?
If you are set on stickerless, i would recommend a stickerless Zhanchi or WeiLong. For your issue with peeling stickers, i have had a WeiLong for about a month and a half, and the stickers still look perfect. I think that maybe the v cube stickers just were bad quality. If you don't like the color of the Zhanchi, just try a stickered cube and get some stickers from thecubicle.us or cubesmith.com. If you want really long lasting ones, you could get cubesmith tiles, i have heard that they last for years.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need a little help.

I second the stickerless Dayan Zhanchi or Moyu Weilong. Remember, they aren't legal in competition (yet), but they are great to learn on, especially if you have trouble with stickers.

Also, my Weilong's stickers haven't cracked or chipped in over 2000 solves (but maybe I'm just a careful turner). They do feel like really good quality stickers though.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I second the stickerless Dayan Zhanchi or Moyu Weilong. Remember, they aren't legal in competition (yet), but they are great to learn on, especially if you have trouble with stickers.

Also, my Weilong's stickers haven't cracked or chipped in over 2000 solves (but maybe I'm just a careful turner). They do feel like really good quality stickers though.
Yeah, i have done around the same amount of solves on my Weilong and the only chips i have are from my fingernail catching on some stickers.