• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just checking you're aware that all of these cubes are significantly bigger than your existing cubes? I assume there's a reason you went for a 55mm zhanchi and mini weilong?

Which of your existing cubes do you prefer?

I think he mentioned in another thread that the mini Weilong was a mistake by Lubix, so that's why he's getting the discount. I think that was supposed to be full-sized.

Etkim823

Just checking you're aware that all of these cubes are significantly bigger than your existing cubes? I assume there's a reason you went for a 55mm zhanchi and mini weilong?

Which of your existing cubes do you prefer?
I prefer my weilong because my zhanchi is horrible it is so slow and it can't corner cut. And like DeeDubb said the mini weilong was a mistake

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I prefer my weilong because my zhanchi is horrible it is so slow and it can't corner cut. And like DeeDubb said the mini weilong was a mistake

Oh ok.

In that case, even though you don't like your zhanchi, I'd go for the fusion - the other cubes are just lubed and tensioned stock cubes; the fusion is a well modded guhong - if you're going Lubix you might as well get a properly modded cube, even if maybe Dayan cubes don't work for you. Although I'd say it's probably just your zhanchi which is the problem! :)

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Moyu LingPo vs Fangshi ShiShuang 55mm?
That's hard...I love them both. If you want a really smooth 2x2 then go with the 55mm FangShi if you want a slightly crispier 2x2 then go with the LingPo. They are both excellent 2x2s and I'm constantly switching between them for my main 2x2. That being said I'm going to suggest the LingPo.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Moyu LingPo vs Fangshi ShiShuang 55mm?

To me the LingPo is faster without lubricating. I use the LingPo without lubrication and it fast enough to get me sub 6 times (new to 2x2) but I have to lube the fangshi a bit to make it fast like LingPo. So speedwise is LingPo and overall I like LingPo better and is my main!

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I started speedsolving about 4-5 years ago, and since then, I've been out of the game for a while, about 3 years since I did any big solving. That being said, my collection is a bit outdated, and I wanted to buy a new slew of cubes.

I want to buy:

a new 2x2 (no clue what to go with here),
2 new 3x3's (I have seen the Weilong and the Shuangren are the most popular now, so I'll probably get one of each. With the Weilong however, I'm not sure which version is the best)
a new 4x4 (I've seen the Ao Su is the most popular here)
possibly a new 5x5 (no clue here either)

From here, I want to get a couple new interesting cubes that I've never done before. I didn't branch out much from the standard cubes, but I remember the few that I did figure out were a lot of fun, so I want to do that again. Here's a list of ones that I've done, what are some other ones that I could find on Cubezz or Lightake that are fun to figure out?

Skewb
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Sq-1

Also, I'd really like to get a GigaMinx, but they're super expensive. Is there anywhere I could get one for cheaper?

Thanks a bunch!

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I started speedsolving about 4-5 years ago, and since then, I've been out of the game for a while, about 3 years since I did any big solving. That being said, my collection is a bit outdated, and I wanted to buy a new slew of cubes.

I want to buy:

2 new 3x3's (I have seen the Weilong and the Shuangren are the most popular now, so I'll probably get one of each. With the Weilong however, I'm not sure which version is the best)

From here, I want to get a couple new interesting cubes that I've never done before. I didn't branch out much from the standard cubes, but I remember the few that I did figure out were a lot of fun, so I want to do that again. Here's a list of ones that I've done, what are some other ones that I could find on Cubezz or Lightake that are fun to figure out?

Skewb
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Sq-1

Also, I'd really like to get a GigaMinx, but they're super expensive. Is there anywhere I could get one for cheaper?

Thanks a bunch!
For the WeiLong, both versions are almost identical, the only difference is with the V2 the corners are made of 3 pieces instead of two, so that they can be made into stickerless. WeiLongs are really awesome, so i would definitely get that and just buy whichever version is cheaper.
For 4x4, i only have a SS, but from what i have heard, the AoSu is way better, so if you can afford it, get that, otherwise just a standard SS.
For 5x5, get a SS, or you could wait until the Moyu 5x5's come out which is supposed to be sometime in May.
For other puzzles, i only have 2-5 mega and pyraminx, but i also have the SS mirror blocks. They are really easy and just like a 3x3, but they are really cheap, good quality and pretty fun.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I want to buy:

Skewb
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Sq-1

Thanks a bunch!

2x2: I would recommend looking into the MoYu LingPo or FangShi ShiShuang.
3x3: MoYu WeiLong is a good way to go. Like Rocky said, the two versions aren't very different but I like the V1 better because my V2 corners catch on each other.
4x4: Definitely MoYu AoSu
5x5: ShengShou until MoYu's comes out

For the gigaminx try Cubezz or Fastech. They may not be the best quality puzzle but those are the two cheapest ones I could find.

YouTube
Visit Channel

I want to buy:

Skewb
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Sq-1

Thanks a bunch!

2x2: Definitely LingPo. Fangshi ShiShuang is not that great compared to LingPo. I have a review on it. Feel free to check out my channel :)
3x3: Weilong v1 as in v2 corners have weird locking issues or Shuangren v2. Both are great,
4x4: Weisu works just fine but I prefer Moyu Aosu
5x5: I would probably wait for Moyu 5x5 otherwise Shengshou!
Skewb: Lanlan with a bit of modding
Megaminx: Dayan
Pyraminx: Nothing to say here. I am not into pyraminx. You can buy a Shengshou and mod it to make it great.
Sq-1: Same as pyra but I hear Calvins sq 1 is good choice!

Thats it from me!

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I want to buy:

Skewb
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Sq-1

Thanks a bunch!

2x2- Dayan by far.
3x3- weilong is excellent, but beware, it is extremely fast. Consider a YJ Chilong.
4x4- aosu hands down
5x5- either buy a shengshou or wait for the Moyu

Skewb- if you aren't all that serious about skewb get a lanlan. I use a QJ but it took a lot of work to make it good.

Mega- Dayan

Pyra- shengshou
sq.1-Calvin's puzzle

IWillCube

WCA
2014RANK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My birthday was a few days ago and I got some money. I am wondering what cubes to get. The cubes/accessories I got for my birthday are the MoYu 3x3s, AoSu, Lube, Stickers. The WeiLong is my new main so if your going to recommend a 3x3 something like that (or if there is one a cube as fast as the weilong but with a guhong feeling). I was thinking maybe a The cubes I already had are 2x2-5x5, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Gear cube/ball and a bump cube. I was thinking of getting an SS 9x9 (maybe a different big cube). Any other cubes that you guys would recommend that would fit my budget? I am open to any suggestions.