• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mobile Phone OS Poll

What OS are you running on your Mobile Phone

• "Old" Windows Mobile (Older than 6.1)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Windows Mobile 6.1

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Windows Mobile 6.5

• Iphone OS

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Palm OS (Not all Palm phones run this, so be sure)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Symbian (Primarily seen on Nokia, but other phones use it as well)

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Android

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other (But my phone does have Java)

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Other (I do not have Java)

• Total voters

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
For purposes of developing cubing related software for the mobile platform that is as accessible to as many cubers as possible, please share what Operating System your phone is running.

I have enabled "multiple votes" so you may vote more than once if you have more than one phone, and you may revisit this poll and vote again if you get a new phone.

If you have an OS not listed here, let me know. Also, if you are unsure of your OS, post your brand and model and myself or someone else can most likely tell you what it is.

Last edited:

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
i have a palm treo 650 and a palm treo 750w.

the treo 750 uses windows mobile 6 (or 6.1?) i think i can upgrade it later, though.

(btw, are you still working on that timer for Windows mobile phones?)
That project was kind of "stalled" for awhile... but I have started working on it again. I also have another "mystery" project in mind after the timer is completed.

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I was just looking for timers that run on plain Java ME and all I found was this. It's okay but it only has scrambles and a timer.I can't take an average or get scrambles for anything other than 3x3x3.

better than nothing. Let's hope Carson's timer will be much better.
And that it can run using just Java ME.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should probably add in Palm webOS, to distinguish between it and Palm OS. I had a palm centro until I recently lost it. But if I can not find it soon, I will probably buy another one off ebay.

I think it should just be called WebOS. Anybody who knew anything about this stuff would know that WebOS is used in the Palm Pre. Personally, Palm WebOS looks/sounds weird, since i always refer it to just "WebOS"