• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub forum for every method?

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just a suggestion, dun flame meh :(.

I think we should have a sub-forum within "speedcubing discussion" for each method. For example, when you click on the "speedcubing discussion" it opens up as "Fridrich" " Petrus" "Roux" ect. It's purpose is to organize things a bit better. All of the Fridrich things are in one place, all of the Roux things are in one place, ect. Of course, not just for 3x3. Every puzzle and its methods (within a reasonable limit of course).
:eek:

bwatkins

it would be too difficult to move all of the old threads (i think), but its a nice idea none the less.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This could end up cool, but I think it'd just end up being a lot more work on the moderators' and users' part. And where would you put topics discussing multiple methods, or stuff like ZBLL that can apply to many methods? It couldn't be placed in any one subforum, but then someone who wanted to know all the news about (for example) Roux would have to read the main subforum anyway.

Although I don't like this idea, though, I think it might be useful to have an "alternative methods" subforum where we could put the discussion that is specifically targeted towards stuff that isn't Fridrich/Reduction. I don't think this would cause nearly as many problems as just splitting up the methods into individual sections.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Each main method. Ok, needs only one sub-forum. CFOP. Comeon, I don't see Petrus and Roux threads being posted very often. And this may lead to more trolling such as a Roux one answer question thread etc. If you were going to do this, why stop at 3x3? I really don't want this to happen.

Edit: qqwref, yes, I think alternate methods would be alright, but that's as far as I think it should go.

Edit 2: oops :fp to me. I didn't see that.

Last edited:

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Each main method. Ok, needs only one sub-forum. CFOP. Comeon, I don't see Petrus and Roux threads being posted very often. And this may lead to more trolling such as a Roux one answer question thread etc. If you were going to do this, why stop at 3x3? I really don't want this to happen.

Of course, not just for 3x3. Every puzzle and its methods (within a reasonable limit of course).

I don't understand what you are talking about...
Though I see your points with everything else.

Cuber3

And where would you put topics discussing multiple methods, or stuff like ZBLL that can apply to many methods? It couldn't be placed in any one subforum, but then someone who wanted to know all the news about (for example) Roux would have to read the main subforum anyway.

Maybe we could have one for partial methods?

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't like this idea. But if it were to be used there could be a techniques sub-forum (ZBLL, phasing, etc.) for those techniques that can be used on multiple methods.

miniGOINGS

Been thought of/discussed before, general consensus is no. Not to say the idea doesn't have certain merits, but it's not worth it.

As David pointed out, Statue and others discussed this already, didn't work.

I wouldn't mind however.

Athefre

Each main method. Ok, needs only one sub-forum. CFOP. Comeon, I don't see Petrus and Roux threads being posted very often. And this may lead to more trolling such as a Roux one answer question thread etc.

The Petrus and Roux sub-forums may not be as popular as CFOP, but I'm sure they would get more posts than you think.

I love the idea. I also agree that it should stick to "CFOP", "Petrus", "Roux", and "Other Methods" for sub-forums because those are the only named methods that have been used in competition by more than one person.

But if the site had this, what kind of posts would go in the main "Speedcubing Discussion"? This site isn't at a point where topics created today are being moved to the second page within 24 hours. So, if the people that work on the site don't want to add these, the sub-forums may not be necessary yet.

Last edited: