• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Application idea

darthyody

So, I don't have much designing experience beyond very basic C++, but I have an idea for a program which I don't think would be too difficult; An algorithm viewer. Basically, you pick a set of algs, be it OLL, PLL, CLL, ZBLL. Next, you pick a picture (ex. G-Perm pic or Sune pic). Then, it shows a list of algs for that specific case. This would save so much printed paper for every list of algorithms that I have to carry around with me. I bet other people would even find this useful.
I think it's a pretty basic program and could probably even be implemented into a website instead of an app so even more phones could use it. I think also it would be a cool feature if there was a user input section to add your own algs or even your own lists of algs.

Can anyone help make my idea come true?

Samania

LMFAO THE IPAD. I still find it kindafunny that theres such thing.

nice idea, if you made it.. I would add it to my ipod touch :)

Lars Petrus

WCA
1982PETR01
I've also been thinking of doing a similar web site, possibly more ambitious.

A specific iPhone app seems like the wrong path, since it should work just fine as a web site and be accessible on all sorts of phones, computers and whatnots.

It's one of maybe 10 projects I really want to do, so don't anyone hold their breath.

Gollum999

YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally use the Dropbox app... I've got a few Word documents (I think I got them from Yu Nakajima's site?) that have all of the OLL and PLL algs, which I then put in my Dropbox folder on my computer. Then I can view them on my iPhone.

Someone should definitely make an app like this, though, because obviously having an app made specifically for viewing algs would be easier to use than reading them from a Word document. :p

Googlrr

WCA
2010CARM01
I've always thought of doing this, but the 100 dollar fee to publish apps and the objective-c language always threw me off. Not a fan of obj-c.

If someone made it though, I would definitely pay a small price for it.