• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Poll:Type A new name. Awards:Haiyan's cube-memory.

The type A's offical English name.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for so many friends give us so many good ideas.
There are some name.You can choose your favorite one as the new
English name of '国甲‘. We will finally choose one as the offical English
name.The winner will get 8 '国甲‘ cubes as gifts.

As you know ‘Type A’ is not a good brand name. The Type A’s Chinese name is ‘国甲‘,It means first, best. The boss of Type A and me want everybody help us to name it a English name. We will choose a best one to use. The new name will be written on the fancy packing box. If we choose your idea ,we will give two Haiyan-memory,two Hiayan’s cube,two Type A II ,two Type A V as gifts. After we get the new name, the old name of Type A will not use anymore. The Chinese name and logo will never change.

As you know we have named the new product as Haiyan’s cube. This name will never change.

Thank you very much.

According to StefanPochmann's advice,for the justice,I will not count the votes for the new register .

Last edited:

0xyg3n

vote for alpha

sounds good... but im more familiar with haiyan's cube.. hahaha

computingeee

Alpha Cube sounds great.
Better than type A.

Does it mean that the Type A will change or it will be the same?

Daniel Que

WCA
2009QUED01
I really like Ace. Its like Alpha in the way it keeps both the letter A and the Chinese meaning (best/first), but it's also simpler and more original. I hear about Alpha this, and Alpha that all the time and it's (not much, but a bit) overused. (along with Beta and Gamma [the magnet warrior XD]).

Ace I or Ace II just sounds better than Alpha I or Alpha II in my opinion.

Athefre

Alpha Cube? Kind of cheesy, about the same as calling it "Xtreme Cube". But I guess it's better than a single letter.

It seems that Aplha will win.

Originally Posted by joey
I just think saying something like "oh, is that the Dynasty cube?" seems .. weird.
"Oh, is that a Type A/Guojia?" (although we'd need to learn how to say Guojia :p)

Also, I think we're looking for a BRAND name, not the name of a certain cube. (which a lot of people seem to be confused with)

Maybe Type FirstLetterOfTheAlphabet?
Type ABC = A Better Cube
Type ABC = Alpha Beta Cube

DiYi = The First (in Pinyin)(basically the same as guojia it turns out)(thank's to Tim Sun)
This is probably too close to DiYan.

Why not simply Alpha Cube? I change my mind, Alpha cube sounds extremely similar to what our man is looking for.
Haiyan, can I have your official word on who actually came up with alpha? It seems to be divided between joey and I.

I find maybe joey also have some idea about Alpha..Joey will also get some of my gifts.I have promised to give him some of my gifts,but I have no time to sanding for him.I am very busy.I will send to him as soon as possible.If Alpha win,you can get gifts.I will give joey some gifts also.

Last edited: