• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Inside a Stackmat

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
to randomtoad and stefan:
I knew there were magnets on the bottom to hold the two pieces together, but i didn't realize they were strong enough to pull through to the other side. I just looked at the location of them and realized that's probably what it's been the whole time.

Have you tried just jumping the switch to see if it's just the mechanics of the switch going bad? Those switches are generally easy to replace, don't require great soldering skills, and are pretty cheap.

Edit: Before randomly jumping the switch(es), I'd suggest using a multimeter to test which sides actually short together when the switch is pressed. If you just do a continuity test and you hear it not making good connection, that alone will tell you it's prob. the switch.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Before randomly jumping the switch(es), I'd suggest using a multimeter to test which sides actually short together when the switch is pressed. If you just do a continuity test and you hear it not making good connection, that alone will tell you it's prob. the switch.

Yeah... well... I have no idea what you just said :). Well, somewhat. But I don't have equipment or experience for this kind of stuff.

The black top part of the reset button is loose and there's no nice click feeling when pressing it. This button works almost not at all anymore. The power button feels nice but also doesn't work properly anymore, though better than the reset button.

Last edited:

miniGOINGS

Before randomly jumping the switch(es), I'd suggest using a multimeter to test which sides actually short together when the switch is pressed. If you just do a continuity test and you hear it not making good connection, that alone will tell you it's prob. the switch.

Yeah... well... I have no idea what you just said :). Well, somewhat. But I don't have equipment or experience for this kind of stuff.

I actually just finished a course at my school to do just that kind of stuff with computers and other electronics. I got 89% I think.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I went to school for it for three years :p

Do you have a multimeter Stefan?

And in your video, are those buttons on the sides? Or is your hand just shorting the two metal prongs together?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have a multimeter Stefan?
No. No soldering or other equipment of this kind, either.

And in your video, are those buttons on the sides? Or is your hand just shorting the two metal prongs together?
No buttons, just shorting together.

Fed up enough now to break the buttons open. Doesn't look broken, I guess the metal plate isn't round enough anymore?

7.jpg

8.jpg

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Found the problem. The metal plate is broken, so after being pressed, it doesn't bend back when released. And I guess that's bad. Might buy a new one and just replace that plate.

9.jpg

Jake Gouldon

YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks very cheap to make, I would say considerably less than what it is sold for...

That's generally a good business plan... charge more than the costs to produce it:fp

People dont sell things for how much theyre worth.
They well according to how much people are willing to pay.

I sort of hope some ko company sees this thread and makes a cheap one that is accurate. Looking at the inside of this thing makes me willing to pay alot less...

E

Ethan Rosen

Looks very cheap to make, I would say considerably less than what it is sold for...

That's generally a good business plan... charge more than the costs to produce it:fp

People dont sell things for how much theyre worth.
They well according to how much people are willing to pay.

I sort of hope some ko company sees this thread and makes a cheap one that is accurate. Looking at the inside of this thing makes me willing to pay alot less...

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6940783/description.html