• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Inside a Stackmat

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My stackmat's buttons don't work well anymore so I took it apart hoping to clean/repair it and took some pictures and a video.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
and, is the competition display output anything like the unused soldering points on the cheap one?

My "cheap" ones and my ones with competition displays actually have the batteries in different locations, so I don't think they're just a single part removed.

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
and, is the competition display output anything like the unused soldering points on the cheap one?

No idea what you're talking about, sorry.

I think he's asking if the one with a data port is (almost) the same in structure as one without a data port. I think he wants to know if it's possible to attach a output thing to a no data port one.

d4m4s74

WCA
2009ZALI01
YouTube
Visit Channel

No idea what you're talking about, sorry.

I think he's asking if the one with a data port is (almost) the same in structure as one without a data port. I think he wants to know if it's possible to attach a output thing to a no data port one.
yup

I've seen images of the insides of the one in the toystore sets and there are some unused soldering points near the dataport on the competition timer

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I only have this one and the first generation one (with the gray mat and the timer on the side). And I don't know much about this electronic stuff, so I don't know what to provide besides the pictures. I still have it in pieces, so I could take other pictures if you're interested in something specific.

Last edited:

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel

ElderKingpin

YouTube
Visit Channel
and yet. people still buy them.

They have either mastered the art of cheating people of their money.
Or the hardware is actually good and reliable.

It looks like its only 12 dollars. But they dont sell JUST the timer. Its either the stackmat complete (mat,timer, and bag) or the timer with a bag, bags are expensive man.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

and yet. people still buy them.

They have either mastered the art of cheating people of their money.
Or the hardware is actually good and reliable.

They're sorta the only comp-legal timer for cubing and speedstacking. I see why people would buy them...

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about the touch sensitive pads? Can you get some pictures of those? I know they're magnetized, I keep accidentally setting it on the dresser and my girlfriends earrings keep sticking to it ha. I'm curious to see what the inside of that looks like though.

What doesn't work well? The start/stop buttons, or all the push buttons (Power, Reset, save, down arrow)?

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about the touch sensitive pads? Can you get some pictures of those? I know they're magnetized, I keep accidentally setting it on the dresser and my girlfriends earrings keep sticking to it ha. I'm curious to see what the inside of that looks like though.

What doesn't work well? The start/stop buttons, or all the push buttons (Power, Reset, save, down arrow)?

I don't think the pads themselves use magnets at all it's just magnets on the bottom to hold to two parts together so you can use it on a mat.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about the touch sensitive pads? Can you get some pictures of those?
Can't disassemble it further without breaking glue and I don't want to do that, sorry. I don't think the magnets are for timing, only to hold the pieces together. It seems like those wire-strips continue into the pads between the plastic and the surface sticker and that's it.

Power and reset. The pads work fine and I don't use save/down.