• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 9.21 3x3x3 average

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is it about these solves that makes them so baller? The turning rate doesn't really seem astounding... I mean, compared to let's say, Rowe Hessler. But it really does seem that there is absolutely no delay in between any of the steps. Is that why it's so fast? Rowe probably has a faster TPS peak, but I think there's definitely more delay in between his steps.

Color neutral wins.

If any cuber stands for the power and significance of color neutrality, it is Feliks. His solve is like Phil Ivey being dealt six poker hands and getting to choose the best starting hand. He has an enormous edge.

Feliks also stands for ludicrous-speed TPS and recognition. He has pauses, but they are measured in the nano-seconds. :D

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
newur.jpg

Radu

Premium Member
WCA
2009FACI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH NO NOT THAT PICTURE.

Hahaha..sorry..but I think it's funny :) . If you want I will take it out. It was the only one I found :D

LE: Oh..and someone should correct this: Rubik's Cube 9.21 Melbourne Summer Open 2010 Final 8.91 8.83 10.91 9.90 8.69 . Is it 8.83 or 8.33? on the speedcubing.com webpage.

Last edited:

Zava

WCA
2007BERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Harris Chan got 7.33 today

Very nice Harris.

I truely believe you have opened the floodgates now Faz.

You've proven sub 10 is possible in competition, and there are a few that have come close. Hopefully now they will. The likes of Harris, Erik, Thomas, Matts, Rowe, Piti. And I do hope Breandan (I'm a bit biased here).

Like Ton has said "there is no speed limit only mental blocks". You have removed that.

I'm afraid Breandan hasn't solved a single cube since Christmas (excluding the unofficial hungarian thing next weekend), and shows no sign of really getting back into it...

fixed ;)
he just said he'd like the first solve in the first round to be his first solve since Christmas. after that, we'll see.. I can assure you we'll give our bests to get him back to cubing :)

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

CitricAcid

WCA
2009TALK01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is it about these solves that makes them so baller? The turning rate doesn't really seem astounding...
Maybe he's just too fast for that camera to record all his moves.

Image with Usain Bolt
Ha, so I wasn't the only one thinking of that. Their success stories are so similar, breaking the most prestigious record in their sport by a large margin with ease, breaking the next larger version (4x4 vs 200m) as well... it's like in the future (imagine Terminator theme here), there's a war between runners and cubers and when we got close, the runners sent Usain back in time to save them, but then the cubers sent Feliks...

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ha, so I wasn't the only one thinking of that. Their success stories are so similar, breaking the most prestigious record in their sport by a large margin with ease, breaking the next larger version (4x4 vs 200m) as well... it's like in the future (imagine Terminator theme here), there's a war between runners and cubers and when we got close, the runners sent Usain back in time to save them, but then the cubers sent Feliks...

Wat.