• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How can I make my Private Messages box have more space.

How can I make my Private Messages box have more space.
Today I received about 40 Private Messages about the Haiyan's cube gift.I do not want delete these message. It seems that there only can contain 50 message in my PM box. How can I get more privilege to contain more message?

A

andyt1992

If you upgrade to a premium account for $10 you get 150 message allowance and the bonus of no ads etc.

Novriil

WCA
2009KRUU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i think that because he is so generous and gives cubes away and he need mailbox space because he will donate cubes then I think that some moderator/administrator should give it to him free.

or other option: You can make and e-mail account to "Google Mail" and put you're adress to signature or whereever. And also you can say that they should send stuff there.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could make people send you emails instead.
"User CP" => "Edit Options" => allow email, disable private messages

Or better:
Post that people who send you private messages begging to get a free cube will *not* get one. That'll teach 'em to be patient like the rest of us :D

Caedus

Premium Member
Post that people who send you private messages begging to get a free cube will *not* get one. That'll teach 'em to be patient like the rest of us :D

same opinion.
not polite to disturb others using private message only begging for free cubes.

Agreed, it seems quite impolite to essentially email someone asking for free cubes.

As for the problem of not enough space, you can save your PM's as a text file (other things too). Just save them and delete.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Sin-H

WCA
2007HUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
probably the best way to deal with it is saving them on your computer or handle all this stuff via email from now on (or both).

PS: I think Haiyan chose a really good tactic in marketing these. If 100 experienced/top cubers like the cube, guess how good it's gonna sell :D

Thank you very much. I have saved the message to the text.But I really wish I can save 200 messages in my mail box.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Or better:

you should do what Pochmann said, and have them email you instead. You could set up an email just for speedsolving.com private messages. Then youd have no limit.

Novriil

WCA
2009KRUU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Or better:

you should do what Pochmann said, and have them email you instead. You could set up an email just for speedsolving.com private messages. Then youd have no limit.

umm.. yes there is.. but there is much much more space than 200 messages :D

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Or better:

umm.. yes there is.. but there is much much more space than 200 messages :D

depends on who you use, yahoo has no limit. unless i'm missing something here.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I kinda think if you try to get gazillions of mails yahoo will at some point say "excuse me... we don't have that much space". But yeah, ostensibly and for all reasonable practical purposes there's no limit. I still prefer honesty and openness, though, for example GMail tells me I have 7410 MB space.

Last edited:

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I kinda think if you try to get gazillions of mails yahoo will at some point say "excuse me... we don't have that much space". But yeah, ostensibly and for all reasonable practical purposes there's no limit. I still prefer honesty and openness, though, for example GMail tells me I have 7410 MB space.
lol

hmm well then i should probably delete some of my mail... i have a lot. I dont delete messages. And then later i forget which ones i need...

daniel0731ex

the naming of the haiyan cube.

he told me (im private message) that it is just simply that particular model is called haiyan, but he other noobs are misunderstanding him and won't believe my explaination. so i was him to clarify this himself rather than making me doing all the explaining.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the naming of the haiyan cube.

he told me (im private message) that it is just simply that particular model is called haiyan, but he other noobs are misunderstanding him and won't believe my explaination. so i was him to clarify this himself rather than making me doing all the explaining.

actually if you do a little bit of research youll see:
Hai Yan said:
Type A will change name to Haiyan's cube.The new type of type A is desigened by me. It will be named as Haiyan's cube-Haiyan. Other type of type A will be name as Haiyan's cube(I-V).

Link to post: linky

Last edited: