• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A new free online CubeTimer!!

xXzaKerXx

This new timer is designed for BLD and for people who do not own a StackMat. I told me friend one day that everytime after completing a blindsolve, i would hav trouble reaching for the spacebar because i am blindfolded. So my friend i dunno how he did it but in an hours time, he sent me this link: http://cubernoid.blogspot.com/ and it sort of improved my time because i was able to start or stop the timer by just hitting the keyboard randomly because it does not require any specific key to activate. I think most of you would not think it is not too practical but just to let you know of this timer and i hope you will appreciate it. One more thing, my friend has asked permission from CubeTimer and this is not an illegal copy of cubetimer's program. k hope you enjoy it!

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice job to your friend, it's cool that he could make the timer.

You know, qqTimer also works for BLD (you can press any key to stop, although only space starts the timer). It does the averages mentioned and also does scrambles for many puzzles, as well as more complex functions (standard deviation, deleting single times, +2/DNF, comments on times, etc).

xXzaKerXx

yeah but the only difference is you can activate it with any key, and the loading time has decreased (i think) and your times and types of puzzles are now on the bottom

xXzaKerXx

Nice job to your friend, it's cool that he could make the timer.

You know, qqTimer also works for BLD (you can press any key to stop, although only space starts the timer). It does the averages mentioned and also does scrambles for many puzzles, as well as more complex functions (standard deviation, deleting single times, +2/DNF, comments on times, etc).

yeah but my friend is trying to make it mobile-friendly because both of us usually surf the net in our handphones so it'll be cool to have it load faster and not screw up the phone speed. anyway, did you do qqTimer? coz qqTimer=qqwref :p

xXzaKerXx

lol i think so too but he has got permission... so it's not suppose to LOOK like cubetimer, it's BASED on cubetimer lol...

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seems like Lucas enjoys being a mod :rolleyes:

This is nice of your friend, but I seriously think there are already enough timers, surely there's one that does what you want. We have qqTimer, blah's timer, cubetimer, cubemania, rubetimer, Ctimer... For your problem (not being able to find the spacebar) I think qqTimer would be best.

xXzaKerXx

@trying-to-speedcube...:thanks for your suggestion, i will try out other timers and think about it... thanks once again

@Lucas Garron:did i post this thread on the wrong section?if i did i'm sorry :p

xXzaKerXx

Thanks for moving my thread here, and sorry again if i had less brains than you expected :D

xXzaKerXx

When i tried entering the site my antivirus found something.

oops sorry!i'll let my friend know about it ASAP thanks for pointing it out

Errr.. may i know what antivirus are you using?

Last edited: