• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rollinggum

Ah wish I could link it or show you a picture but its just not working :( Its on the Puzl.co.uk website and is under 3x3 and is on like the last page with the title worlds fastest speed cube or something along the lines of that. :)

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If a non-pillowed 17x17x17 is possible, then why not a non-pillowed 7x7x7?

A non pillowed 7x7 is possible, but not a fully porportional cubic 7x7.

For cubes larger than a 5x5 there are two options: pillow it or to make the outer layers bigger.

You can clearly see that the 17x17 has larger outer layers.

Tony fisher has made a cubic 7x7 here

The 6x6 also has slightly larger outer edges

Alex2011

Help identifying a cube I bought

I purchased a Rubik's cube, or a 3x3 variant, at at an antique store ( I know that doesn't make it old) and I want to know if there is some way I can tell how old it is. It seems to be some what old, and it has an old "how to" book with it, neither were in any packaging though. The book is called "You can do the cube" by Patrick Bossert, it was published in 1981. I tried a quick google search and couldn't find a mention of the book having been packaged with the cube however. Further information about the cube is that it does not have a Rubik's logo (or any other for that matter) and it has a western color scheme. The stickers are duller than my three- four year old official Rubik's cube. The cube turns stiffly, to be expected of course if it has any age and has never been lubed. The stickers are in very good condition, showing very little wear only in the form of being slightly dirty, with exception of the center orange sticker lifting somewhat. I have not looked into the core so if there is something I can learn by doing so please let me know. So that's all I can tell you guys, it'd be great if y'all could help me out.

bsarlo

Old Brand Cube made in China. Has anyone ever seen this before?

314341_2466699544664_1167540699_2926932_1420143476_n.jpg

Sorry for the size.

Last edited:

pi.cubed

Hi.
I'd be very surprised if this hasn't already been asked in this thread, but none of my searches found anything, so here it is:
The "Standard 3x3x3 Magic Cube" on Lightake has no information about the type or brand of cube. It is very cheap, which is why I am looking to buy it, but obviously I don't want to buy some unknown cube. It has no logo (at least on the sides that are shown in the Lightake picture).
Does anybody know what it is?
Thanks.