• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 EG (Erik-Gunnar) Method

hansho13

YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2 program?

also i read somewhere there was a program or something called ron's something i cant quite remember the name. does anybody know what im talking about?

hansho13

YouTube
Visit Channel
do you know a program that simulates pyraminx?

Edit: OK never mind about the pyraminx. So just to make sure i know what the EG method is, you solve the white side(or any other side) randomly and have one algorithm to fully solve the white side and LL(last layer). Correct?

Last edited:

Vishal

I am trying to adapt eg to the pyraminx if any one
Wants to help that would be great and the pyraminx solver is pretty much crap it doesn't give you the algs is at a bad angle and the color scheme is messed up

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like solve one first layer edge and know algs for when the remaining two are switched? I can't say for sure but I'm pretty the algs would not be too nice. Polish V is probably a much more worthwhile endeavor, although I guess it couldn't hurt to know these algs.

Hexi

YouTube
Visit Channel
EG Method

Hey, I wanna learn the EG method... but i think, i don't understand it... I deduced from the tutorials, that i have to do one side (not 1 layer, only side), and then "x2" and do one of that algorithms: EG 1 , but when I do that, I can't find situation, that is on my cube. So the question is: What am I doin' wrong? Thx for answers.

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
EG1 I believe is when you have 2 adjacent corner swap in the side you complete, and then you put htat face on D and solve the entire cube from there
EG2 is when you have diagonal corner swap in the side, and you put that faceo n D and solve hte cube from there
CLL is when you have a completeed layer and you solve teh last layer in 1 alg

I might have switched eg1/2 up, but they are correct definitions

edit-I was right
http://www.speedcubing101.com/eg-1.html

Hexi

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok, but still i can't find my situation:

Yellow | Green Blue | Red

uhm.. what's wrong with the table?

Last edited: