• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MetroTimer - New F2L training app

Zarxrax

I couldn't find any timer that included a metronome, so I made my own.
It runs on windows and requires .Net 2.0 or higher.

Download v0.1: (link removed, it didn't work correctly and the comments include other timers that include a metronome)

Here is the way I use it:
- Scramble the cube, solve the cross, and then start the timer. Stop the timer when F2L is finished.
- Use the ticking sound of the metronome, and make 1 move for each click that you hear. Adjust the BPM rate to something you can handle. Over time, increase the BPM, so you solve the F2L faster and faster.
- If you make 1 move per tick, then the number of ticks displayed in the bottom right will equal the number of moves that you spent solving the F2L. Try to keep this value as small as possible.

Last edited:

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, thats why then. CCT is too big to fit on my netbook screen, so its impossible for me to use.

That's why what? Also, CCT should be resizable, so that shouldn't be a reason not to use it on a netbook. The 1 hour startup and huge memory footprint are a whole different story, however.

Zarxrax

Ah, thats why then. CCT is too big to fit on my netbook screen, so its impossible for me to use.

That's why what? Also, CCT should be resizable, so that shouldn't be a reason not to use it on a netbook. The 1 hour startup and huge memory footprint are a whole different story, however.

That's why I hadn't found a timer that had a metronome.
I dunno, I only tried it briefly, but it was larger than my screen, and I couldn't even access any of the menus or anything along the top, and since the edges were off the screen, I couldn't really drag-resize it or anything. So I just gave up on CCT pretty quick.

Parity

I like it alittle I would like to see my times on the timing page.
and an average.

Fenlon

Thank you for this! It's exactly what I was looking for to help me improve my F2L :) What should a good solve time look like in terms of move count? I've only started using it, but I'm averaging 40 turns for the F2L.