• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to Make R3 better than DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
the pizccn mod is not new. you're right. but the pizccn mod only takes care of those few lockups that are the edges fault. this mod changes the centres corners and edges. i've done the pizccn mod before, and it was good. changing the centres and corners should make my storebought even better.

Less plastic = lighter
Less plastic = spin faster
Less plastic = less chance of lockups?

Edit:
i've just done the mod! it's great and i can cut corners almost 45 degrees. (for a noob, this is all new lol) Also, way less lockups :) but, i've noticed, the edges are so much more prone to popping :(

Last edited:

silentscreams

I just did the mod
it makes spinning faster
however it still lockups alot
is there any fix? should i sand more?

NimbleFingers

A video would be good.

I followed Dan Brown's advice and vaselined my cube. He's a smart guy, what can I say?

Note: This is about half true.

SaberSlash49

WCA
2009NGUY07
Vaseline slowly corrodes the plastic in your cube, so if you DO put it in, I'd put it in a very tight cube. Try and break it in as much as you can (7-12 days), insert vaseline, let your cube sit for 6-8 weeks, clean it VERY EXTREMELY THOUROUGHLY, two or three times, and do this repeatedly, for 1-3 days, to get maximum cleanliness. Then spray with silicone.

I personally don't use Vaseline anymore sheerly because of the risks, but it can help sometimes.

Last edited:

NimbleFingers

I used Vaseline and I plan on cleaning it out after I buy some Jig A Loo, but the thing is, I heard if you put in the silicone after you've lubed it with Vaseline, it slows down and mucks the cube up.

Oh well, it's only my Storebought. I should upgrade sometime, seeing as a Storebought's the only thing I've ever used.

hyunchoi98

WCA
2012CHOI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol, lucky.
i bet it can't cut corners, though. storeboughts suck at cutting corners. at least they have springs. i saw a cube that sucked, and had no springs.worse than dollar store.

It actually cuts corners decently. Not as good as a DIY of course but it cuts corners.

Now give me something because you betted.:D

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol, lucky.
i bet it can't cut corners, though. storeboughts suck at cutting corners. at least they have springs. i saw a cube that sucked, and had no springs.worse than dollar store.

It actually cuts corners decently. Not as good as a DIY of course but it cuts corners.

Now give me something because you betted.:D

Supported.
This cut corners not as good as a DIY A/C, but a whole lot better than a normal one.
I wonder...what is PestVic applied this to his best out-of-the-box store bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.