• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're on about that white stuff that accumulates in the cube over time, then that's lube residue combined with skin cells and environmental dust. It doesn't really do any harm because it normally only builds up in places where the plastic of the pieces doesn't touch.

If it annoys you, or you feel that your cube just needs a good clean in general, then:

1. Get a sock-net, put the pieces (excluding the core and screws/washers) in it, and place those in the cutlery basket of your dishwasher. Make sure the dishwasher is set to "eco" mode or to a program with a low temperature. Be aware that paper based stickers will perish in the process, but most vinyl stickers will survive the ordeal unharmed.

2. For screws/ washers and core; put those into a fine meshed strainer and rinse with hot (but not freshly boiled) water.

3. Leave pieces to dry.

4. Lube (Lubix style) and reassemble.

6. Go ape sh*t because your cube is now slower than it was before the above.

7. Breath into a plastic bag to subdue hyperventilation. Continue doing this until hyperventilation has completely subsided.

8. Send me a PM accusing me of having ruined your life.

9. Consider quiting cubing.

10. Notice that you are unable to quit cubing and start using your cube again.

11. Do 20 or so solves.

12. Rejoice!!

13. Send me another PM apologizing and thanking me for my advice (this step is obligatory).

PS. Never try to consume or smoke the white gunk in your cube; it's highly hallucinogenic and makes you see ponies that can talk.

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good plan, but the only thing is that I have no Lubix.
Can I put CRC over the Lubix without washing?

Lube the cube "Lubix style". You don't necessarily need to use Lubix. Go check their lubing guides for more information.

PS : Not using Lubix may void your warranty.

PPS : Using my instructions may void your warranty.

Last edited:

ccownerful

boiling pieces??

I have a REALLY slow fangshi shuang ren v1. I've wiped out all lube (including the core) and the cube is really slow. I think it has maybe some old lube that won't come off of it. what would you guys think about boiling the pieces to get rid of all lube?
thanks!

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You definitely wouldn't need to get the water to boiling temperature to get all the lube off. What I have done in the past (which you actually might want to replace your stickers if you do this, it can help get the sticker glue off) is to take warm, soapy water and soak your pieces (not the core though) in it, and vigorously use a towel to wipe the pieces. Do this a few times, and make sure you replace the water often. I have done this with my Aosu and it works great. I would recommend replacing your stickers though, because although people say it doesn't do any harm to them, my Aosu stickers have had some problems because of it. They aren't peeling, but they have gotten out of alignment somehow.

mkarthick

I have a REALLY slow fangshi shuang ren v1. I've wiped out all lube (including the core) and the cube is really slow. I think it has maybe some old lube that won't come off of it. what would you guys think about boiling the pieces to get rid of all lube?
thanks!

I have a Fangshi Shuangren V1 too. You should pull of the caps on all the edge and corner pieces, and just put the pieces alone in water and wash them. Any water except hot water is good. Hot water makes the plastic softer and it will kill the Fangshi. Then, take out the pieces and let them dry, and then using a towel, scrub off all the residue. The residue tends to stick to the Fangshi even after washing.

This may seem like a lot of work, but its worth it. I so it once every 2 months, and my Fangshi feels and stays amazing.

ccownerful

so, basically just let the pieces soak in some water (with soap maybe?) for a while, then clean it off. That's it?
thanks!!!