• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Design for 17x17x17 cube, different from v-cube mech

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
BRILLIANT!~

house-do-want.jpg

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I viewed the link shown and I am amazed. Goes to show you can have a 7x7 or higher and still have a cubic shape. Unless I'm rich, I won't buy this cube as it would take me far too long to solve.

But a very good idea anyway. I'm sure some one would want to solve a real 17x17 cube.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Whawhawha? I still don't quite understand the mechanics of it, but the large edges and corners are interesting. I'd still rather an X4 though.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
My quick calculation says 1538 pieces. V7 is 218. if this cube were made it would likely cost over 300 dollars if mass produced and be so heavy you wouldn't want to hold it for more than fifteen minutes. at that price and usefulness it will probably never get mass produced.

it's still fricken cool :)

Last edited:

Overtime

WCA
2010MARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whawhawha? I still don't quite understand the mechanics of it, but the large edges and corners are interesting. I'd still rather an X4 though.

It's because it's not pillowed. if you took a v7 and unpillowed it, it would look similar to a 17x17. The mechanics are similar to that of a V cube except that the pieces are sandwiched between each other vs all being sandwiched between two axes.