• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing qqTimer!

Hays

WCA
2009HAYS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, okay, so he meant one that was half-modded (with the two inner-edge pieces glued but not the pin). I'll go write that one up.

Oh right, sorry for the confusion. If you couldn't do any 3 layer turns at all it would be just like a 5x5. And thanks, having to fix lockups while scrambling 6x6 is pretty much the only reason I do hand scrambles.

DRAGON_RYU

I always loved qqtimer but I didn' know I could save the scrambles so I never used it.
I read this thread now so I know I can save scrambles.
Thanks qq!
Thanks very much!

otsyke

is anyone using firefox 9 beta?
qqtimer (all versions) stopped working for me after firefox updated to 9.0. gqtimer isn't working either.

I press the space button, but the timer doesn't start. I'm trying to click anywhere to change the focus, with no results.

It only starts if I click and focus inside the "top bar color" input box in the options.

Anyone else has the same problem?

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there any possibility of implementation of a way to track memo?

Here is how I think you could do it, have the timer allow two space bar hits (keyboard hits, whatever). First one would not stop the timer, but rather it would store whatever time it was on, and would later put it in the comment brackets.

The 2nd hit of the keyboard would stop the time.

Just a thought.

aronpm

Is there any possibility of implementation of a way to track memo?

http://aronpm.cubing.net/qqtimer/qqTimer.htm

Here's my (unofficial) modification of the latest qqtimer (I don't program so it took a while to figure out what was going on)

New features:
  • Suboptimal random state 3x3 - new default 3x3 scrambler. Uses Shuang Chen's 3x3 solver used by Lucas Garron in the Mark 2 scrambler.
  • Random state square-1 - not default, but it's in the square-1 options. Ported from Walter Souza's Prisma Puzzle Timer by Lucas Garron.
  • BLD mode - records the time in two steps; first step is memo (green display), second step is execution. Enable in timer options. Not compatible with inspection; turning on inspection will turn off BLD mode.
  • Adjustable scramble size - useful for videos or bad eyesight

Last edited:
WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Here's my (unofficial) modification of the latest qqtimer (I don't program so it took a while to figure out what was going on)

New features:
Suboptimal random state 3x3 - new default 3x3 scrambler. Uses Shuang Chen's 3x3 solver used by Lucas Garron in the Mark 2 scrambler.
Random state square-1 - not default, but it's in the square-1 options. Ported from Walter Souza's Prisma Puzzle Timer by Lucas Garron.
BLD mode - records the time in two steps; first step is memo (green display), second step is execution. Enable in timer options. Not compatible with inspection; turning on inspection will turn off BLD mode.
Adjustable scramble size - useful for videos or bad eyesight

I like suboptimal random state 3x3 :D

aronpm

Re-uploaded with some bug fixes in not-my-code (qq should take a look ;) ) :
  • When a previous session is loaded, the last solve's penalty ('note') was not loading
  • Removed "NaN.NaN" from loading in a new session
The penalty bug was caused by the cookie ending in ">". The fix is putting
Code:
if (t[j].slice(-1) == ">") t[j] = t[j].slice(0,t[j].length-1);
in line 562 on qq's version.
The NaN.NaN bug was caused by adding ">" as a time. The fix was putting this for loop (line 561)
Code:
for (var j=0; j<t.length; j++) {
etc 
}
into this if statement
Code:
if (t[0] != ">") {
And a bug in my code:
  • Scramble size was resetting when times were reset due to the cookie not being set
And a new feature as per Ryan's request:
  • Comments are now saved with sessions

G

Georgeanderre

New features:
  • Suboptimal random state 3x3 - new default 3x3 scrambler. Uses Shuang Chen's 3x3 solver used by Lucas Garron in the Mark 2 scrambler.
  • Random state square-1 - not default, but it's in the square-1 options. Ported from Walter Souza's Prisma Puzzle Timer by Lucas Garron.
  • BLD mode - records the time in two steps; first step is memo (green display), second step is execution. Enable in timer options. Not compatible with inspection; turning on inspection will turn off BLD mode.
  • Adjustable scramble size - useful for videos or bad eyesight

Tried your new timer, can't get either highlight colour or link colour to do anything at all.
I suspect its a problem with the java, but Im not familiar with it, only HTML and CSS, they both look perfect.

and it has the same error my old mirror has with the relays 2x2 doesn't show up, i fixed that by adding a "megascramble .. len = 6" to it, instead of the default 2x2 scrambler which kept crashing the code

PS: adding
"
<!--
a { text-decoration: none }
-->
"
to the CSS will make the timer look a bit nicer

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Georgeanderre

George, why do you use HTML comments to comment out CSS? At work on my phone so I can't take a look...but to normally comment out CSS you use /* */

you use a HTML comment in CSS, so if the browser doesn't recognise it... it classes it as HTML, and ignores it.

G

Georgeanderre

Managed to fix the relay bug, simple fix with the code:

changed:
Code:
else if(type=="r234"){			// 2x2x2 3x3x3 4x4x4 relay
  ss[0] = "<br>";
  get2x2optscramble();
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 25;
  megascramble([["U","D"],["R","L"],["F","B"]],cubesuff);
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 40;
  megascramble([["U","D","u"],["R","L","r"],["F","B","f"]],cubesuff);
 }
 else if(type=="r2345"){		// 2x2x2 3x3x3 4x4x4 5x5x5 relay
  ss[0] = "<br>";
  get2x2optscramble();
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 25;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 40;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 60;
  megascramble([["U","D","u","d"],["R","L","r","l"],["F","B","f","b"]],cubesuff);
 }
to:
Code:
else if(type=="r234"){			// 2x2x2 3x3x3 4x4x4 relay
  ss[0] = "<br>";
  len = 6;
  megascramble([["U"],["R"],["F"]],cubesuff);
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 25;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 40;
 }
 else if(type=="r2345"){		// 2x2x2 3x3x3 4x4x4 5x5x5 relay
  ss[0] = "<br>";
  len = 6;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 25;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 40;
  ss[0] += "<br>";
  len = 60;
 }

also: 2-7 relay code below
Code:
else if(type=="r234567"){		// 2x2x2 3x3x3 4x4x4 5x5x5 6x6x6 7x7x7 relay
  ss[0] = "<br> 2) ";
  len = 6;
  ss[0] += "<br> 3) ";
  len = 25;
  ss[0] += "<br> 4) ";
  len = 40;
  ss[0] += "<br> 5) ";
  len = 60;
  ss[0] += "<br> 6) ";
  len = 80;
  megascramble([["U","D","2U","2D","3U"],["R","L","2R","2L","3R"],["F","B","2F","2B","3F"]],cubesuff);
  ss[0] += "<br> 7) ";
  len = 100;
  megascramble([["U","D","2U","2D","3U","3D"],["R","L","2R","2L","3R","3L"],["F","B","2F","2B","3F","3B"]],cubesuff);
}
and change line 176 to this
Code:
["Relays",[["lots of 3x3x3s","r3",5],["234 relay","r234",0],["2345 relay","r2345",0],["234567 relay","r234567",]]]];

this CSS looks a bit jumbled...
Code:
.a {
 color: blue;
 text-decoration: underline;
 cursor: pointer }
.b {
 cursor: pointer }
span.b:hover {
 color: red }
Assuming it should be like this
Code:
.a {
 color: blue;
 text-decoration: underline;
 cursor: pointer;
  }
.b {
 cursor: pointer;
  }
span.b:hover {
 color: red;
  }
although I see no difference when loaded.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanReese09

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
But the browser will also ignore it if you use CSS comments...which (I can't check) would be valid code (and would also not make people wtf when they see It)

Css spacing doesn't matter so george if you did notice a difference upon load with that reformatted code, then you clearly screwed something else up. Just throwing that bit of knowledge out there (it sounds like you weren't aware, excuse me if you knew)

G

Georgeanderre

But the browser will also ignore it if you use CSS comments...which (I can't check) would be valid code (and would also not make people wtf when they see It)

Css spacing doesn't matter so george if you did notice a difference upon load with that reformatted code, then you clearly screwed something else up. Just throwing that bit of knowledge out there (it sounds like you weren't aware, excuse me if you knew)

and the spacing made no difference, just make it easier for me to read and understand what it was doing.

I might also have worked out why it isn't working, the links are being coloured as links, then recoloured as text.
I managed to change the link colour by messing with the Javascript, but it messed something up and now it changes everything, including the colour of the inspection countdown -.-